Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mudbox 2014- Reactivation limit reached

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
297 Views, 0 Replies

Mudbox 2014- Reactivation limit reached

I'm trying to make (well, really modify) a script to install Mudbox 2014 in Ubuntu. I'm testing everthing on a Virtual Machine which I restore to a snapshot where Mudbox is not installed so I can try the script again. I've already done something similar for Maya 2014 and didn't have any issues. However, Mudbox activated itself 2 times bringing me up to the 5 activation limit.

I've tried support but that's not much help. I was told to fill out this form, but that requires a request key which does not show up on where help says it will. I guess I'm going to have to call 1-800-551-1490 and try to get a new serial number if possible.

What I really need to know: is it possible to run a trial version of Mudbox 2014 in Linux?

What about deactivating a product?

If you register it with:

/usr/autodesk/mudbox2014/bin/adlmreg -i S 498F1 498F1 2014.0.0.F $SERIALNUMBER /var/opt/Autodesk/Adlm/Mudbox2014/MudboxConfig.pit

is there a similar way to use that command to deactivate it without being in usable Mudbox?

But when it really comes down to it, when trying to get an install working that requires a lot of testing (and needing a script to work) a trial version is an easier and safer alternative.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report