Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mudbox 2012 "application file stopped working"

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jwc.curry
1650 Views, 6 Replies

Mudbox 2012 "application file stopped working"

I just installed Mudbox 2012 and updated to sp2. When I try to launch mudbow it gives me a "application file stopped working" message and then nothing happens. I did a google search and found a few post talking about deleting the mudbox folder in my documents folder so I tried that and it didn't work. I also found a post that suggested updating to the newest video drivers so I did that and it still did not work. Lastley I tried to uninstall mudbox and reinstall. 

Any help would be great.

System

Intel core i7

Vista 64

6gb RAM

Nvidia GTX 260 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
hashim.mundol
in reply to: jwc.curry

Assuming system meets the minimum requirements

please try to install and run the software in diagnostics mode as described here.

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS75218

If you have standalone licensing you might need additional license service enabled.

if it fails, please try to login as a new windows user.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 7
jwc.curry
in reply to: hashim.mundol

I tried all of the suggestions and they did not work.  I am using Vista home premium 64 and not bussiness as the system requirments suggest. Will Mudbow not run on home premium?

Message 4 of 7
hashim.mundol

We have not tested it on Vista Home (premium), you could try to run in xp compatible mode etc. to check. 

may be someone from the community has tried this already.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 7
jwc.curry
in reply to: hashim.mundol

I tried the XP compatible mode and that did not work either. Must just be a Vista Home issue. I upgraded to Windows 7 pro and it works just fine now.

Thanks for your help though!!!

Message 6 of 7
tickwomp

Mine just stopped working today.  I've been using it for months now without much issue.  Occasionally it'd do the same thing and I'd go and delete the brushes.sav file in the Mudbox settings folder and it would be fine.  I tried everything today to no avail - deleted the whole settings folder, tried reinstalling, applied SP3, updated to latest nvidia drivers, nothing seems to work.

Oh, Mudbox 2011 seems to work fine but my files are 2012, and they aren't backwards compatible. Using 64-bit mudbox. 

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit

8GB Ram

Nvidia GTX 260m

Any ideas?

Message 7 of 7
mi5uk
in reply to: tickwomp

hi, did you ever get the solution? I have the same problem. Its says windows is looking for a solution but wont open.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report