Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSVCR100.dll Error when extracting Autodesk Ultimate 2013 on Win 7x64.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
9855 Views, 8 Replies

MSVCR100.dll Error when extracting Autodesk Ultimate 2013 on Win 7x64.

I downloaded the ultimate suite from the site. But when I try to extract it, I get this error

"The procedure entry point wmemcpy_s could not be located in the dynamic link library MSVCR100.dll"

Kindly help.

I checked the system folder and MSVCR100.dll file is up to date.

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Try uninstalling your Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable and reinstall. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

I did try it but to no avail. Had 2005 x64 version installed as well.. So removed everything and reinstalled everything and Nothing.

Now I went to setup folder inside and tried installing 3dsmax separetely and it got installed. But on running I get this error msg-  Dll H:\Autodesk\stdplugs\filelink.dlu> failed to initialize. Error Code 14001- The application has failed to start beacause its side by side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.

Message 4 of 9
TravisNave

Odd that it is looking to the H:\ drive.  Are you sure you installed it correctly?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

I install most of my heavy apps in H drive only.

Message 6 of 9
TravisNave

Try doing a repair install maybe?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

tried.nthng. I did remove 2012 suite from my pc before even extracting this version bt i dont think it was gone cmptly. How do I remove all lic dll etc from my comp?

Message 8 of 9
TravisNave

To Diagnose and Fix installation problems automatically, please see the new Microsoft tool for this here:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

For more information on the Autodesk KB Support article concerning the clean uninstall of Autodesk products, see this link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617

For all other installation problems on Windows XP SP2 or below consider using the Microsoft Installer Clean Up Utility. For more information on this program, please my forum post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Microsoft-Installer-Clean-Up-Utility-for-Add-Re...

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Many many thanks 😄

I first used Fix it. Then I deleted Autodesk cmpletely including registry etc.

Then I reinstalled all the vc++ files..x86 and 64 both..

After that I installed 2013 without any problems

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report