Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Network License Manager to different server

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jim.zahler
1317 Views, 2 Replies

Moving Network License Manager to different server

We are currently using the FLEXlm network license manager for AutoCAD 2005.  We need to move the FLEXlm to a different server due to the obsolesence of the old server.  Our subscription service is expired, but we kept it through the AutoCAD 2009 release.  We never upgraded to AutoCAD 2009.

My questions are:

1) Can we move the FLEXlm to a different server and still receive a new AutoCAD 2005 authorization/lic file, even though our subscription has expired?

2) If we upgrade to AutoCAD 2009, can we then move the FLEXlm to a new server?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: jim.zahler

you have to generate a new license file for the new server

you need your serial number. server name, mac address

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: jim.zahler

You will probably only be able to get a LIC file for your last available version, unless you can get an exception from Autodesk. You might consider upgrading to 2012 on Subscription so you don't have this problem in the future. Otherwise, you can keep that server on life support specifically to be your NLM server. Good luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report