Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving / Modifying a Revit 2011 Deployment

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
939 Views, 3 Replies

Moving / Modifying a Revit 2011 Deployment

To install a Revit MEP 2011 deployment faster in one of our offices, I needed to move the deployment / admin image to a different server. I modified the installation shortcut and the ini file successfully. All UNC paths were updated.

Still, for some install, such as the look up tables, the deployment goes back to the original deployment location and install from there. Where are other values in the deployment files and folders that need to be modified? Thanks for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

You probably need to modify the deployment at this point and change the file locations internal to the application itself. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

You could do a find/replace with Notepad ++

If you Search for all occurances in all files in the deployment (I believe the UNC path is only defined in 2.ini files)

I've done this for 2010 replacing the UNC with a drive letter and it worked

As I recall, there is a problem with using the 'Create & modify a deployment" tool, I believe it HAS TO USE the UNC

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave

I would agree with this assessment.  😉

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report