Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving distributed network license from one server to another.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bishopc
204 Views, 3 Replies

moving distributed network license from one server to another.

I see that there is already a topic on this on the forums, but this is a little different.

We have two distributed servers set up and we are decommissioning one of them. I need to move the files from the old one to the new one.

The instructions I have read say that all I need to do is install the LM on the new server and request a new license. The problems are as follows.

-I only want to move the files on the one server and not the other. Can I get it for just the one?

-If I do request a new file, we will lose our backwards license compatatbility because I believe our maintenance has expired. Is that right? (We are not using the newest versions of anything.)

I could find nothing on the support site regarding this issue and no email address or number to call and ask anyone.

Thank you, Carl.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: bishopc

Yes, you are allowed to only move one server and leave the other alone in a Distributed setup.

However, if you are no longer under Subscription, then yes, you will lose the ability to run previous versions on that server.

Are you retiring the other server completely, taking it offline?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
bishopc
in reply to: TravisNave

Yes, we are taking the old server offline as it is nearing the end of its life. I was hoping we'd be able to make the tranfer without losing that backawards compatability, as that will render the license useless for all but one of the pieces of software we have on that file as we are not using the newest versions of everything.

Cheers.

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: bishopc

I will send you a PM.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report