Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move license to new server

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
SEC_CAD
416 Views, 5 Replies

Move license to new server

I raised a ticket (10181973) two weeks ago but no one from AutoDesk has gotten back to me.

I called AutoDesk in Melbourne about a week ago but they were unable to help, telling me that I just had to email customersupport@autodesk.com. I have been doing that but still get no response.

We have moved so I need to move my 3 network licenses to a new server.

The online tool did not recognise my serial number. I know that it is correct.

Can someone at AutoDesk please help with this case? It is now urgent.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: SEC_CAD

See my link about Invalid Serial Numbers below.  Then get it figured out with your Reseller. 

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error-S...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
SEC_CAD
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks Travis. I have passed the link to our IT department and hope to get the license file that was sent by your team installed very soon.

Regards,

Michael

Message 4 of 6
SEC_CAD

Hi Travis, Can you help me with the next step please.

Our IT have installed the license on our server. When I open AutoCAD 2009 it seems to have found another license (We have many companies in our organisation that also use AutoCAD so this is possible). I want to ensure that my AutoCAD client is using our server license. From the Product Information screen I clicked [Update] and was able to change the serial number to my serial number. I followed the instructions here  to set the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE to point to the server where the license was installed. I restarted my PC.

When I restarted AutoCAD it still said that I had a Standalone - Locked license type.

How do I point my AutoCAD client to my license server and how do I tell when it has connected to the correct license?

Many thanks,

Michael

Message 5 of 6
TravisNave

If your license was installed as a stand-alone, you need to convert it to a network license.  Since yours is 2009, you should be able to do it the easy old-fashioned way.  Rather than re-explain it, you can read about it here.

Alternately, you can reinstall as a network verison.

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 6
SEC_CAD
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks again Travis, I guess I am stuck with the stand alone license that seems to be working because I don't have the AdskNetSrv.exe file required by the instrucions.

Cheers,

Michael

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report