Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Models Created By Unlicensed/Non-commercial Versions Of Maya

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
sws.official
909 Views, 4 Replies

Models Created By Unlicensed/Non-commercial Versions Of Maya

Hello, everyone

Me and a few friends are planning on making a game to be sold later on. Some of my friends have already made models from maya , the thing is im not really sure what kind of licenses they're using so here is my question:

Does using models ,created by unlicensed or non-commercial Maya product , in a commercially licensed Maya would put us in a legal risk when the product is sold using those models ?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: sws.official

Not allowed, just as you suspected.
Fix it now or get sued for millions later when you all hit the jackpot off non-commercial software licenses
Message 3 of 5
sws.official
in reply to: pendean

By "fix it now" you mean we should remake the models in commercial version ?
and how can we (or autodesk) tell if the model was created in non-commercial version ?
Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: sws.official

Correct, for your commercial gain you need to pony-up for commercial licenses and create content only in those programs. I believe you can lease MAYA as opposed to a full license purchase http://www.autodesk.com/products/autodesk-maya/buy

You'll need to confirm in the MAYA forum (not here), other Autodesk software get a stamp on all printed output denoting EDU software was used with those objects.
Message 5 of 5
sws.official
in reply to: pendean

Alright. Thanks for your replies, They were very helpful and cleared a lot of fog i had about the commercial use 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report