Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing SBD.msi for the Product Design Suite installation

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
YmmcAuto
2243 Views, 14 Replies

Missing SBD.msi for the Product Design Suite installation

I recently downloaded Product Design Suite.  When I run setup.exe, I get this error:

" The system cannot open the device of file specified."  Then I get :

"The system cannot find the path specified

C:\Docume~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\3\_AI26.tmp\x86\SBD\SBD.msi".

I get the same type of error with the 64_bit install. 

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
TravisNave
in reply to: YmmcAuto

What version?  What OS? 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 15
YmmcAuto
in reply to: TravisNave

The server is running Windows 2003 Server and I am trying to install Autodesk Product Design Suite 2013.

Message 4 of 15
TravisNave

You cannot install to the server itself.  It's neither a supported platform, nor is allowed by the EULA.  Are you trying instead to make a deployment?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 15
YmmcAuto

I apologize for the lack of clarity, but I am trying to create a deployment.  As soon and the setup file starts to initialize, I received the errors mentioned above.

Message 6 of 15
TravisNave

Ah, excellent.  Okay, well what you can try to do is create the deployment from your workstation and still path it to the UNC share on the server.  That way you can avoid this whole mess completely and still create and use your deployment exactly where you want it. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 15
YmmcAuto

When I run it on my workstation I get the same error.

Message 8 of 15
TravisNave

Well, now that is odd.  Is your download corrupt maybe?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 15
YmmcAuto

I downloaded the Product 32-bit and 64-bit separately.  I also downloaded the Factory design 2013 weeks before and all have the similar problems.  The Product Design 2013 is missing SBD.msi and Factory Design is missing inventor.msi. 

Message 10 of 15
TravisNave

That's just plain odd.  Kinda makes me wonder if you have the whole package.  You don't have some anti-virus that blocks .msi files or something, do you?  Trend Micro has a habit of doing weird stuff like that.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 11 of 15
YmmcAuto

I disabled the anti-virus and then tried to run the .exe again but, I received the same error.

Message 12 of 15
TravisNave

And you are choosing to create a deployment, correct?  Also, do not add any service packs to the deployment. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 13 of 15
YmmcAuto

And we use Symanatec Endpoint Protection.

Message 14 of 15
TravisNave

Hmmm.  That makes me suspicious.  A lot of these new protection suites literally block .exe .msi .bat, etc.  I swear that Symantec handicaps a computer now more than any virus does.  Smiley Very Happy

Autodesk Forums:
Message 15 of 15
YmmcAuto

I disabled Symatec Endpoint Encryption and tried to run the executable again but  I received the same error.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report