Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing RCL2015.msi file when trying to install Infrastructure Desing Suite 2015

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
bmckellip
6616 Views, 11 Replies

Missing RCL2015.msi file when trying to install Infrastructure Desing Suite 2015

After double clicking the setup app, I get a pop up saying that "RCL2015.msi is missing."  See attached screenshot.

I have performed the clean uninstall

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

I have also disabled the anti-virus.  Help.

Thanks, Moose.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
asburyj
in reply to: bmckellip

What antivirus software are you running? Usually this error means you antivirus software is blocking that file. There are special instructions for certian antivirus softwares. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 12
bmckellip
in reply to: asburyj

I believe it is Symantec Endpoint Protection.

Message 4 of 12
asburyj

I am not aware of any special instructions for that software but do make sure you are completely disabling the anitivirus and any security access controls is may also impose. Did you happen to navigate to the directory in the error and see if that .msi file exists in the directory mentioned when the error occurs?

Jeffry Asbury
Message 5 of 12
bmckellip

I have navigated to that folder and it is empty.

Message 6 of 12
asburyj

What is the source of your install? Is this a downloaded installer, and install now from the website or a USB media?

Jeffry Asbury
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

Hello gentlemen, the same problems with Autodesk Building design Suite Premium. See Picture.

Autodesk Building design Suite Ultimate has no problem. (On the same workstation.)

Any Idea?

Thanks in advance

Dolf

Message 8 of 12
asburyj
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Dolf, What antivirus software are you running? Usually that error comes when the install MSI is blocked by an antivirus. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

Hello Jeffry, I have completely disabling Mcafee Enterprise before trying to install.

The software was downloaded from Autodesk Subscription centre.

Thanks for your response.

Dolf

Message 10 of 12
bmckellip

My apologizes for not posting sooner. Our solution was getting a new IDSP download file from Autodesk. The file we downloaded from the subscription center was the issue. We actually stepped through the process and our systems with Autodesk. Finally Autodesk provided a different file. It worked.

Bill McKellip
Engineering Technician, Engineering
Kinross -Round Mountain Gold Corp.

Ph: 775-377-3296
Mobile: 775-346-3038
Fax: 775-377-3147
bill.mckellip@kinross.com
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

I go immediate to my subscription centre. Trying again.
Thank you

:-)olf
Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

Hello Jeffry, a new download was the solution!

Thanks for your help.

Smiley LOL

Dolf

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report