Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum system requirements for Maya

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
futzu00
527 Views, 1 Reply

Minimum system requirements for Maya

Sir/Madam,

I am interested in buying the Maya 2014 LT for self-study. Before I do that, I wish
to enquire whether my current system is adequate for 3D modelling work:

Windows 7 64bit (must this be the Professional Edition for it to work?)
AMD Phenom II 720 3 core 2.8 MHz,
4G DDR2 RAM 400 MHz,
ATI Radeon 7750 1G DDR5

Would using an SSD drive help my current system speed up the 3D application?
Is SSD recommended?

Also, does the Advanced Support option price include future upgrades discount, or would I need to pay
the full price for each new version?

Thank you for your advice.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: futzu00

System requirements for Maya LT 2014
  • Windows® 8 or Windows 7 Professional edition, Apple® Mac OS® X 10.7.x, or Mac OS X 10.8.x operating system
  • 64-bit Intel® or AMD® multicore processor
  • Microsoft® DirectX® 11 compatible graphics card
  • 4 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended)
  • 2 GB of free disk space for installation
  • Internet Explorer®, Safari®, or Firefox® web browser
  • Three-button mouse

Maya LT 2014 is also capable of running on certain other configurations. However, enumerating systems that are not tested and cannot be supported or that fall below the Autodesk recommended minimum system requirements for a productive user experience is beyond the scope of the Autodesk online certification charts.

Autodesk is not responsible for errors or failures of Autodesk software arising from the installation of updates, extensions or new releases issued by third party hardware or software vendors for the certified software or hardware identified in this document (or for any other third party software or hardware that you may use in connection with Autodesk products).

Where in the world are you? I know here in South Africa if you take the subscription option, you pay a certain amount each month for support and you get your upgrade for free.

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report