Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration Errors From 2012 LT to 2015 LT

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
548 Views, 3 Replies

Migration Errors From 2012 LT to 2015 LT

Upgrading to 2015 Please help!

Attached in the Error log:

Errors

Tool Palette Files: Error encountered saving Catalog to file "C:\Users\MChilson\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2015\R21\enu\Support\Shapes.atc".

Pgp File: Error encountered migrating acadlt.pgp file (Value cannot be null. Parameter name: path).

General Information

AutoCAD LT 2015 - English Migration Log Generated by: AutoCAD LT 2015 - English Migrate Custom Settings version 20.0.51.0 Settings migrated from: AutoCAD LT 2012 - English Migration template file: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2015\AdMigrator.xml version 1.0 Migration performed on: 7/22/2014 1:55:55 PM

This log details the migration of settings from a previous version of AutoCAD LT. Any problems encountered during the migration are listed in this log.

You can restore the default AutoCAD LT 2015 - English installation settings by running "Reset Settings to Default" from the Windows Start menu->Programs->Autodesk->AutoCAD LT 2015 - English->Reset Settings to Default.

Settings migrated from:

AutoCAD LT 2012 - English Installation Folder = "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2012 - English\"

AutoCAD LT 2012 - English Local Profile Root Folder = "C:\Users\MChilson\AppData\Local\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2012 - English\R17\enu\"

AutoCAD LT 2012 - English Roamable Profile Root Folder = "C:\Users\MChilson\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2012 - English\R17\enu\"

AutoCAD LT 2012 - English All Users Profile Root Folder = "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2012 - English\R17\enu\"

Settings migrated to:

AutoCAD LT 2015 - English Installation Folder = "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2015\"

AutoCAD LT 2015 - English Local Profile Root Folder = "C:\Users\MChilson\AppData\Local\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2015\R21\enu\"

AutoCAD LT 2015 - English Roamable Profile Root Folder = "C:\Users\MChilson\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2015\R21\enu\"

AutoCAD LT 2015 - English All Users Profile Root Folder = "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2015\R21\enu\"

Migration Details

Migrating Profile: "<<Unnamed Profile>>"

Main CUI File set to "C:\Users\MChilson\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2015\R21\enu\support\acadlt.cuix"

ToolPalette location migrated from "C:\Users\MChilson\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2012 - English\R17\enu\Support" to "C:\Users\MChilson\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2015\R21\enu\Support"

AuthorPalette location migrated from "C:\Users\MChilson\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2012 - English\R17\enu\Support\AuthorPalette" to "C:\Users\MChilson\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2015\R21\enu\Support\AuthorPalette"

0 acadlt.lin line patterns migrated from "C:\Users\MChilson\appdata\roaming\autodesk\autocad lt 2012 - english\r17\enu\support\acadlt.lin" to ""

0 acadltiso.lin line patterns migrated from "C:\Users\MChilson\appdata\roaming\autodesk\autocad lt 2012 - english\r17\enu\support\acadltiso.lin" to ""

0 acadlt.pat hatch patterns migrated from "C:\Users\MChilson\appdata\roaming\autodesk\autocad lt 2012 - english\r17\enu\support\acadlt.pat" to ""

0 acadltiso.pat hatch patterns migrated from "C:\Users\MChilson\appdata\roaming\autodesk\autocad lt 2012 - english\r17\enu\support\acadltiso.pat" to ""

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

What all are you trying to migrate exactly?

Also... You can restore the default AutoCAD LT 2015 - English installation settings by running "Reset Settings to Default" from the Windows Start menu->Programs->Autodesk->AutoCAD LT 2015 - English->Reset Settings to Default.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Customization files perferences everything from 2012 user profile to 2015.

I have built tons of custom buttons and have a workspace and tool bars set.

I got alot of it load manually copying things from one folder to the other.

but not easy or fast!

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

While you wait for Autodesk... .

I have customized AutoCAD since, well, forever, and I have yet to find the mgiration tool in the program to be useful and getting it all. I do it manually myself: with good organization over the years I have the upgrade process down to about 30-minutes these days.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report