Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating AutoCAD 2010 to 2015 with NLM

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
LancsCC
339 Views, 4 Replies

Migrating AutoCAD 2010 to 2015 with NLM

I am planning the migration of AutoCAD 2010 installations across the organisation, managed with Network Licence Manager, to AutoCAD 2015. I know the NLM will need to be upgraded to the latest version to accomplish this.

It is preferable to the organisation to have a phased migration, so we will effectrively have 2010 and 2015 running at the same time as we progress through the migration.

Will both version be able to use the same NLM during the process?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: LancsCC

It really depends on your 2010 license file, really.  If it is a non-subscription license file, I suspect that upgrading to 11.12 and adding the 2015 license file will be fine.  If they are Subscription licenses, then the 2015 should supersede the 2010 license file.  I run licenses on 11.12 ranging from 2015 all the way down to 2006, so I know it will work.  It really comes down to how you are licensed. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
LancsCC
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks Travis

The licence is subscription, so does that mean upgrading the licence to 2015 will cover both versions?

Cheers

Ned

Message 4 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: LancsCC

no 2010 is not covered under subscription anymore that is outside the 3 previous versions per the terms of subscription

2015 covers 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012 licenses

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
LancsCC
in reply to: DarrenP

Thanks Darren. Looks like I need an alternative plan.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report