Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate from Standalone to Network license

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
andrews
387 Views, 2 Replies

Migrate from Standalone to Network license

Our previous Autodesk reseller sold our company the Network License as opposed to the Stand-Alone version.

I was speaking to a different Autodesk reseller this morning, explained to him our company setting and how we use Autodesk Building Design Suite Premium. He is confused as to why we purchased the network license as opposed to the Stand-Alone multi-seat.

Description of our office setting & how we use Autodesk Building Design Suite:

1. Our Design Department should include 3 users/seats
  2. we would like each of the three users access and utilize Any of the Building Design Suite programs,  simultaneously.
  3.  we also want the ability to do work space sharing in Revit Architecture.

Question: Which is most appropriate for our company? Network or Stand-Alone?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: andrews

If you have 3 full time users and 3 licenses, then use Stand-alone licensing.  Network licensing is good for when you have multiple users who can share less seats at a time.  It reduces your overhead cost if you only have users that are in the software part of the time. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: TravisNave

no. 3 has nothing to do with licensing

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report