Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate Custom Settings

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
b_vergara_aller
623 Views, 4 Replies

Migrate Custom Settings

Good morning,

I'm an Architecture Student who has always worked with Autocad Mechanical 2010 and now that I have a new computer I installed Autocad Mechanical 2012. The problem is I would like to migrate custom settings (such us profiles, toolpalettes and everything) and I followed the tutorial I saw in Autodesk web page and it doesn't work. The tutorial shows how to do it between different versions and the same computer. Couldn't it be working because of trying to do it between different computers? 

If someone knows how to do it, I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Beatriz, Architecture Student at Valladolid University.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
asburyj
in reply to: b_vergara_aller

Hi Beatriz,

You must have both the old and new versions installed for the migrate settings functionality to work. Can you confirm if that is the case in your setup? What error are you getting? 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 5

Sure, I have both versions installed but in different computers though. The error says "can't migrate custom settings because this zip (file I extract from autocadmech2010) only works in 2010 version"
Message 4 of 5
asburyj
in reply to: b_vergara_aller

Yes unfortunately both version must be installed on the same system. You can either install 2012 on the old system and migrate the settings and then export it as 2012 to the new system, Or you can install 2010 on the new system and and use the migrate tool there

Jeffry Asbury
Message 5 of 5

Thank you very much!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report