Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mental ray installation problems in 3DS MAX 2017?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
gautam_offset
765 Views, 4 Replies

Mental ray installation problems in 3DS MAX 2017?

Hi there!

I have been following this post for a while, and have been facing with similar problem of not able to find/install mental ray in 3d studio max 2017!

I even downloaded the above mental ray installer folder and tried installing it, but unfortunately I get the following message in the end: 

Untitled-1.jpg

And I noticed that NO files are copied in the installation folder after this message. Which clearly means that nothing is installed.

However, I would also like to state that when installing the MentalrayPlugin Folder (by clicking the MentalrayPlugins2017.msi file, the package gets installed fully but Mental Ray DOES NOT shows up in the render settings.

I am not sure why I am not able to install from Mentalray2017.msi file and get the above error!

I am on Windows 8 (not 8.1), could it be because of that?

I have disabled/uninstalled ALL the anti-virus, spam-ware programs.

Hope to receive some help on this!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hello @gautam_offset,

I have moved your post to a new thread so that I&L can help you with this issue. I have also edited the title slightly for more efficient searching. Thanks for your understanding.  

Best Regards,

Message 3 of 5
Darin.Green
in reply to: gautam_offset

Try the solution posted here by @tony.su. Don't forget to update this post with your results.

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Message 4 of 5
Darin.Green
in reply to: Darin.Green

Please post any comments to the thread below, as this one will be deleted by moderator due to duplicate entries...

Ongoing Thread:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/very-unusual-unable-to-install-mental-ray-in-3d...

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Message 5 of 5

Hello @gautam_offset,

I just wanted to follow up here, any progress on this issue?

Best Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report