Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
2029 Views, 7 Replies

MDT2009 install

I am trying to install MDT2009 on Windows 7 x64 with Inventor 2012.

The installer fails with error 1603.  I have UAC turned off.

Anybody know how to fix.

Inventor 2011 (2012 pending)
Dell Precision T3500
Windows 7 64-bit
6GB RAM
dual NVidia Quadro FX1800
Driver 8.17.12.7565

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Did you download the latest version of MDT2009 from the Autodesk website or are you using the old Inventor Suite 2009 media? 

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?id=13744274&siteID=123112

1603 is a generic error.  Try installing as Administrator.  If it still fails, try finding the log file in the %temp% folder. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

Have downloaded the new installer, I have tryed installing as admin on the local machine, still getting the 1603 error.

2011/8/22:12:00:29 JRetzlaff JRETZLAFF === Setup started on JRETZLAFF by JRetzlaff ===
2011/8/22:12:02:18 JRetzlaff JRETZLAFF Install DirectX 9.0 Runtime Succeeded 
2011/8/22:12:02:18 JRetzlaff JRETZLAFF Install MSXML 6.0 Parser Succeeded 
2011/8/22:12:02:24 JRetzlaff JRETZLAFF Install Autodesk Mechanical Desktop 2009 Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603
2011/8/22:12:02:27 JRetzlaff JRETZLAFF === Setup ended ===

Message 4 of 8
TravisNave

There should be a larger temp file with more detail of your failure.  Might check it out. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

Install log attached, can you tell what is causing the install to fail?

Message 6 of 8
alison.gangler

Hi,

The particular error that is shown in the log file is triggered due to the installer finding a particular directory already created and populated on the drive:

(ERROR)      Action ended 14:20:54: CheckForACADExistence. Return value 3.

Generally, to resolve this error, you can look on the hard drive in one of the two the paths:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ 

C:\Program Files\

and remove or delete any directories for Mechanical 2009. Then launch the installer again.

Please let me know if this helps. If the install fails again, please feel free to upload the install log and I will be happy to analyze it for you. Thanks.

Cheers,

Alison

Alison Gangler
Install Engineer/PDG-AEC Product Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: alison.gangler

There are no program directories for Mechanical 2009, I have ACADM2011 & AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 installed.

Message 8 of 8
nkozhevnikov

I had this issue today. And found that solution is in the "Readme" file:

For 64-Bit Computers (Windows® XP x64 Edition or a 64-bit Version of Windows Vista®)
Download MDT2009_Disc1.zip and MDT2009_Disc2.zip and unzip both files into the same MDT folder. .....

Cheers.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report