Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya LT not running after license activation

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
electriclimit
919 Views, 9 Replies

Maya LT not running after license activation

Hi,

I just purchased a subscription for Maya LT, acquired my license key and code, activated, signed in, and my program crashed. Every subsequent attempt has resulted in a Crash. Fault module name is MSCVRC.dll, which I know is part of the Runtime library for Visual Studio. I don't recall which one however. I do know it is installed, and it has worked for everything else it is needed for.

Will update if I get it solved.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Reinstalling the redistributables did not help. The error comes with an Exception code: c0000005

Full details:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: maya.exe
Application Version: 14.10.158.0
Application Timestamp: 52009a7e
Fault Module Name: MSVCR100.dll
Fault Module Version: 10.0.40219.325
Fault Module Timestamp: 4df2bcac
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000000000003694b
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 4105
Additional Information 1: 60df
Additional Information 2: 60df2e46c2171acbfd3cbb07310cd691
Additional Information 3: 0f77
Additional Information 4: 0f77ed96ef707345bbadbb9c74b7881c

Message 3 of 10

Still not able to get up and running.

Have tried clearing the registry, uninstalling the VC redistributables and having the Maya LT Install install them, Canceling the Sign in,(results in a license error), all the different packages, SP1, (would not install over the original, and when installed after uninstall resulted in the same issue using the Maya LT Windows Installer from the folder; Setup application in the new folder resulted in a 32 bit application on 64 bit system error), etc..

Have gone through about 7 attempts to install using various methods, after original 2 install attempts. Nothing seems to work.

Hazard a guess? I'd say it is the Authentication and licensing server that is not responding, or is somehow not communicating properly on the first sign in attempt.

The 32 bit error did follow an error with not being able to find a Local/Temp data file associated with ADLM iirc. The install on that attempt was completely non-functional however.

Message 4 of 10

I did manage to get Maya LT up and running briefly after a full reinstall of my operating system. Last night however, Microsoft installed some security updates and when I logged in today after the configuration completed, my Maya LT Install had stopped functioning.

I have subsequently uninstalled the updates and .net, which was effected by 3 .net 3.5.1 security updates. I did manage to initially get a loading screen, but it was immediately followed by a crash with a fault module: datamodule.dll iirc. Following that, it crashed with the original fault module. It was at that point I reinstalled, but this did not fix the issue, and all following crash were as original.

I am fairly certain that one of the following updates causes the crash, and that it modified something that was not fixed by uninstalling it, resulting in subsequent crashes.

KB2769369; KB979482; KB2535512; KB2658846; KB2620704; KB2656410; KB2813347; KB2479943; KB2604114; KB2808735; KB2631813; KB979687; KB2789644; KB2532531

Currently still working on finding a solution.

Message 5 of 10

Unresolved. Requested Product Subscription Cancellation and Refund.
Message 6 of 10

I have a subscription to Maya LT, and have not been able to get it to work. Troubleshhoting has been done, problem is identified but unresolvable. I have since contacted Support and requested a cancellation of my subscription through a rather obscure form that has more to do with asking questions than cancelling subscriptions.

No response, no refund, and no cancellation confirmation has been received. It has been about a week, with the previous week spent trying to find a solution; mostly by myself as the support was either off-topic or unknowledgeable.

Is there a proper means to request subscription cancellation, and possibly refund for an unusable product?

I have searched and looked at every apparently relevent link in the subscription center and have yet to find anything that actually looks like it is what I want. The means I used to request 'information' and ask for cancellation was found in the Store iirc, but was the only apparent means of making such a request. Failing proper means, I will simply block payment on my CC, but I would prefer this was done in a more suitable fashion, and I would like a refund.

Message 7 of 10
jeffrey.sin
in reply to: electriclimit

Hi Edward,

Apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced with this incident. An e-mail was already sent to you directly containing the information and instruction on how to officially submit a return and refund of your purchased subscription. Kindly check that e-mail and follow the procedure indicated there. Despite this experience, we hope you will continue to support Autodesk products and services in the future.

Thanks,

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 8 of 10
electriclimit
in reply to: jeffrey.sin

Thank you for the quick response. 🙂
Message 9 of 10
tadmuck
in reply to: electriclimit

He Jeffrey, could you send me a refund link as well? (1) Your chat lines have been busy all day, the activation online forms aren't being handled quickly, the web site for adding myself as a user for Maya LT doesn't work, and the link for "viewing" my support issues (at the top of the manage.autodesk.com) links into a system that has nothing to do with viewing support issues.

The fact that you're pointing people into these systems instead of addressing their problems is just the last straw.
-- Morgan
Message 10 of 10
jessica.t
in reply to: tadmuck

Hi Morgan,

Sincere apologies for the poor experience. I have contacted the customer service on your behalf and they will get everything fixed up for you. If you decide to cancel we would understand but I think the team will be able to get you up and running. If you need anything else please don't hesitate to let me know.

Thank you,

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report