Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya LT can't download

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
hike1
1014 Views, 10 Replies

Maya LT can't download

I've tried both ways, one of them does nothing (comm error), the Akama session whirs endlessly
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
pendean
in reply to: hike1

If you are just looking for a product download you should be able to find it at the Autodesk Customer Service Virtual Agent:
1. Go to http://www.autodesk.com
2. Click on Contact Us at the bottom of the page
3. Click on Customer Service
4. Click on Virtual Agent “Ask”
5. Once the Virtual Agent window opens: Select the choice "Download Links".
6. Select your product, then variant, then version as applicable.
7. You should now be presented with the choice to download your software.

Message 3 of 11
hike1
in reply to: pendean

#1 There's no Download Links on the virtual page.

#2 None of the links work in Firefox

#3 in google chrome the links work but it sends me to student downloads which doesn't have Maya LT

#4 the Maya LT DL link I did find elswhere doesn't have 'browser download' only the 2 1st 2 I mention, neither works.

AutodeskDownloadManagerSetup, just whirs endlessly, then 'repairs akamai session' endlessly

Autodesk_Maya_LT_2014_wi_en-US_Setup 'communication failure'

Message 4 of 11
camilo.lemos

Hi hike1,

I've just followed the instructions that Dean provided above and I was able to download Maya LT 2014 without a problem. 

Can you please try and follow Dean's instructions again? And this time, please temporarily disable your firewall and anti-virus before starting the download.

Camilo Lemos

Message 5 of 11
hike1
in reply to: camilo.lemos

I need windows 64 bit please
Message 6 of 11
hike1

Message 7 of 11
dembkod

hike1,

Hello. Click “64 Bit” – that is the windows 64 bit installer.  Click "Mac" for the Mac installer.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 8 of 11
cngstudios
in reply to: dembkod

I tried both methods, I'm not even using a Firewall or Anti-virus. None of them worked. 

I was very excited to try Maya LT and then get the annual subscription, but I can't even download the software for the trial; therefore, now I have doubts about subscribing, as the software may be impossible to download or may not simple work.

Please advise. 

CommunicationFailureMayaLT.png

VirtualAgentFailedMayaLT.png

Message 9 of 11
lynn_zhang
in reply to: cngstudios

Hi @cngstudios Welcome to Autodesk Community!

The download links for Maya LT 2015 seem to be broken on Virtual Agent. Our apologies for this! Please try below direct links instead:

Maya LT 2015 - Win 64 bit

Maya LT 2015 - Mac OSX

We will report to the team in charge of Virtual Agent and get the links fixed. 

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 10 of 11
cngstudios
in reply to: lynn_zhang

Hi @lynn.zhang,

Thanks, but is not working. The issue is the Communication Failure. I do not have any firewall, or anything... I was able to download those 10MB multiple times and nothing, I'm in Windows 8.1 and I have been running it as Admin with no Firewall or Antivirus and I still can't install it. 

I do not have any issue with any other software I had installed in my computer, including Adobe Production Suite, Unity, Office, etc. 

MayaLT.png

Message 11 of 11
camilo.lemos
in reply to: cngstudios

Hi @cngstudios 

Do you mean you were also not able to download from the direct links Lynn posted above?

Please, double check that absolutely no firewall, anti-virus or Windows Defender are enabled. This link may help.

Thank you,

Camilo Lemos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report