Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya: Cannot find lmutil on Linux Redhat to install network license

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
garysidestreetpost
1511 Views, 5 Replies

Maya: Cannot find lmutil on Linux Redhat to install network license

I am trying to install Maya network license server in Linux Red hat. I have ran the .setup from the Maya install disk, but after that was done Maya does not boot to activate (requires libXp-6) and I cannot find lmutil anywhere to find my hostid etc. to install my license. Some instructions on what I should do and where the files are will be much appreciated. The manual for Linux installation is ridiculously limited.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

You simply need your hostname and your Ethernet MAC address to create your license file. 

http://register.autodesk.com

You can get the latest version of lmutil here:

http://www.globes.com/support/fnp_utilities_download.htm

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for reply.

If I run into trouble with the linux network license install, will I be able to activate my serial for a license file that works for a Windows?

I am worried once I activate for Linux, there is no going back.

Message 4 of 6

If it is a network license manager, you can put it anywhere.  🙂

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for the reply again.

I have downloaded lmgrd but it is just a file from a .tar.gz

Where do I place this file so it autostarts when bootup?

Message 6 of 6

You should probably refer to the documentation on setting up a FlexLM license manager on Linux.  Personally, I run it on Windows Server, so I would not be of much help to you.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report