Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8
aaronw3d
18358 Views, 7 Replies

MAYA_ALT_EN is not set

For no reason when I opened Maya 2012 an error message appeared stating 'Tried Maya 2012... MAYA_ALT_EN is not set.'

I thought if I upgrade to Maya 2013 using the download from my subscription it would resolve the issue. The only effect was the message stating 'Maya 2013' instead. So help anyone? Can't even open Maya for help.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: aaronw3d
Message 3 of 8
aaronw3d
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks for the information. I spent all day trying find a solution, most of the information and links were in regard to student/trila/network versions of Maya, not commercial standalone. FLEXlm does seem to be the issue, there is no such file on my computer's C drive. Next week I'll have a look at the FLEXnet option. But still any reason why Maya would be working fine one day then not the next when I did nothing different?

Message 4 of 8
TravisNave

Something had to have changed.  You might do a system restore back to when it did work, maybe?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 8
_Dark_Wolf_

The problem is that "FLEXnet Licensing Service 64" isn't running. This is because you maybe have a program for optimize computer start and some services are disabled. So you have to run "msconfig" and check this service or you can run it searching in Start menu.

Message 6 of 8
michellehackett

I recently closed a case where one of our subscription customers was getting this error when attempting to launch Maya 2013. The issue was with the combined network license file not containing the proper package increments to license the previous version. I reccomend you run the license file through the parser first to make sure everything is complete within the license file.

http://licenseparser.com/index.html

Message 7 of 8
wally180
in reply to: _Dark_Wolf_

Thank you very much. I have been trying to get MAYA working all night and this is exactly what the problem was.
Message 8 of 8

Good morning.

After Much struglling and battling with resolving this issue, i finally figured it out.

Thanks to all the tips above, they help expanded my knowledge.

Anyway lets go straigth to the point in steps

Step 1

Open your maya installation folder (C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya 2015/Bin)

Step 2

Locate the License file

Step 3

open it with a word editor (Wordpad or Notepad)

- Right Click on it and click open with. In the Dialog box that shows up, select notepad or wordpad and click OK

Step 4:

Edit the first line to this:

MAYA_LICENSE=657F1

- Save and exit.

Step 5:

Go to the Maya Folder in My Documents (C:/Users/User1/Documents/Maya)

Step 6

Delete the Folders there

Step 7:

Reinstall maya and choose the repair mode

Step 8

Run Maya

Step 9:

Activate your Product online or Offline

Step 10:

Congratulations. Welcome to Maya

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report