Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 7 activation problems?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1816 Views, 4 Replies

Maya 7 activation problems?

So I've dusted off my old old version of Maya 7 tonight. Unfortunately I'm having trouble installing it. I keep being told my serial number is not valid when I have double checked it at least 10 times. Years ago I had to go through a troublesome process when reninstalling this program after reformatting my pc, which included taking pictures of my cd case with the serial number and sending it to alias. I kept the activation key that was sent to me when reinstalling, and when I enter it, it is accepted. But, the program still won't start up because of supposed licensing problems.

Am I now having trouble because this version was bought while it was still managed by just Alias? Will I be able to use this version still?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!Woman Happy

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

A good old question.....

Maya 7.0 is registered to the MAC/Ethernet Address.  If you have backed up the C:\flexlm\aw.dat folder on another computer, just move the file back and Maya should work.

The Maya 7.0 serial number is a bit different that the current batch of serial numbers and the licensing URL is completely different and probably offline.  i.e. www.alias.com/opa or www.alias.com/spar.

If you still have the serial number, you can probably request it from the Authorization Codes.  They will need to log a case and send it to you as this is using a legacy encryption system.

North America:   Autodesk Authorization Codes: 1-800-551-1490 - Option 1 ENU - Option 1 Standalone.

David Lau
Message 3 of 5
TravisNave

If you're trying to install this on a new OS like Windows 7, it's probably not going to work.  Invalid serial numbers are usually due to the fact that Subscription is expired or the product has been already upgraded or cross-graded. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

Thank you for the responses. I called autodesk, they verified my serial, and sent me a file. Its a .lic file. It doesn't install with the version of maya I have. The instructions say to go to: Programs -> Autodesk ->
[Product] -> Licensing. 

........The version of Maya I have isnt with Autodesk, its under Alias.. Do I have to call again? Am I installing this file incorrectly? When I select the file to install I just get errors about it not being able to be applied to the aw.dat file and it finishes the installation and I'm stuck back at being told I don't have licenses.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

The problem was solved. Thanks everyone. I ended up copying and pasting the information from the .lic file directly into my aw.dat file instead of going through the installation process. Everything works fine now! Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report