Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2015 won't start up

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
beth.r.henry
1001 Views, 2 Replies

Maya 2015 won't start up

I have recenlty downloaded the Maya 2015(student version) on to my macbook air. I can install it, and when I do, it says the installation was successful, but when I do look for it no program is to be found, when I do try to open the programs that do say Maya, it goes back to the installation menu.

Please help me Smiley Surprised

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dan.bardo
in reply to: beth.r.henry

try using safari browser.. and do the browser download... worked for me  after a few wierd things happening... but i like you, had been trying for like OVER a month just tryin to get this thing..... it will download two files its part 1 n part 2 run em both as admin and thats what i did.

Message 3 of 3
paetyndurham
in reply to: beth.r.henry

I've been experiencing the same thing essentially months after you, after downloading all the service packs after getting Maya 2015 student version for my college courses, it opened once, and since will never open again. It opens the output window but that's it. I've gone through the uninstallation guides twice, and now the Backburner won't uninstall and apparantly needs repair, and AS ADMINISTRATOR I've tried deleting it manually, and despite ceasing process tree via all processes in task manager, it's apparantly still running. Factory reset my computer, cleanly redownloaded, and it opened once more, and then suddenly SAME ISSUE with not starting up and not turning off/being able to uninstall! I can't get my college work done at home anymore since Autodesk refuses to work on anything new! 2014 still works if I downloaded it without EVER downloading 2015, but once I try to download 2015, 2014 will not open either.

I've gone to a few other forums, and I'm honestly tired of getting community responses along the lines of "Follow the uninstallation guide". I have. Multiple times. It isn't working. I've done extensive malware scanning, and disk defragmentation, and registry fixes, and it's still not working. Can someone please give me an answer or suggestion, like this person needs, that ISN'T along the lines of "You didn't follow it right, do it again"? Because it seriously isn't working and I have class projects I need to get done at home.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report