Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2015 Student Installation Problems

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
cjacobs1021
429 Views, 1 Reply

Maya 2015 Student Installation Problems

Hello everyone,

I cannot get the Maya 2015 Student Edition to Install for the life of me.. I have tried both the download and browser download options and neither work. When I use the regular download method I am given an error message like the one attached along with a text file describing when the error occured during installation. I believe this is error 1603. When I use the browser download method I get a corrupted file error message (see attachment 2).

I have tried installing with antivirus and firewall disabled, I have also tried cleaning out my temp files and registry. I have also tried uninstalling my Microsoft Visual C++ 2012.. Nothing seems to work!!! Someone please help!!

Thank you,

Cjacobs1021

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dembkod
in reply to: cjacobs1021

cjacobs1021

Hello. There is likely a log file in your temp directory with the program name in it.

1.)  Click the Windows Start button

2.)  In the run box type %TEMP% and press Enter

3.)  Search the folder for the log file

4.)  Open in notepad

5.)  Click Edit > Find

6.)  Search on the word “failed”

7.)  Locate any failures and look for references to C++ or NET- uninstall the referenced versions

8.)  Reinstall

In some cases, this does not help. If you have a full download of the installer files to your machine (Browser Download or Download Now), you can open the setup INI file in the install directory.

1.)  Open Setup.ini

2.)  Click Edit > Replace

3.)  Replace PREREQ with #PREREQ

4.)  Click “Replace All”

5.)  Search for PREREQ and change to #PREREQ

6.)  Save the file

7.)  Run the install

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report