Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2015 License was not obtained

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Aurori
1777 Views, 3 Replies

Maya 2015 License was not obtained

Hi, i have been trying to install Maya 2015 for 2 days now. I have uninstalled litteraly everything with Autodesk in its name 2 times now and reinstalled everything 3 times now. I constantly get this error.

License was not obtained
tried maya 2015 (657G1 2015.0.0.F), error 20

License method: 
environment variable MAYA_LICENSE_METHOD='standalone' 

Product choice: 
environment variable MAYA_LICENSE='unlimited' 

License file override: 

environment variable MAYA_ALT_EN is not set]

I orriginally tried to install maya using the studen download but that would stop and have a completely different error mid way through and the install was stopped. To fix that I downloaded the trial version and just entered my license code. Maya completes its down load but mental ray does not and anything else that is downloaded at the same time. I try to open maya 2015 and get the above error. I have downloaded the program using both firefox and Chrome. With Chrome all i got when i tried to install the studen version was a communication error. So couldn't even start installing it.
I use Avast for my firewall but durring all these listed attempts, including when trying to download from the Autodesk site, i have fully disabled Avast
Please someone, please help me figure this out.
Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
lynn_zhang
in reply to: Aurori

Hi @Aurori Welcome to Autodesk Community!

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with Maya. This seems a known issue and you can find the solutions in below posts from other users:

License Error 20 Maya 2014
License was not obtained Tried Maya 2012, error 20

These are from different versions of Maya but have the same issue - Error 20. Please have a go and let us know if it works!

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 3 of 4
Aurori
in reply to: lynn_zhang

thank you for trying to help but i have now tried both of these methods and they both did not work.

Message 4 of 4
lynn_zhang
in reply to: Aurori

@Aurori  

Check the solutions provided in these 2 posts:

Accepted Solution Maya 2015 License was not obtained
Maya 2015 Installation Problem License Was Not Obtained Blank White Screen

Hope this works!

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report