Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2015 Installation progress stuck

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
luis_hoppe
20395 Views, 17 Replies

Maya 2015 Installation progress stuck

Hey, I just dowloaded a Browser Download from Maya 2015.

Now Im trying to install it, everyting starts ok but then when I get to step 2 of 7 remainig, it just stops!!!

I don't know what's wrong. I get no error or any kind of message it just stops.

Im on windows 8.1, my specs are more than enough. 

Can anyone help me please!!??

MayaCapture.JPG

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
TravisNave
in reply to: luis_hoppe

The process is not stuck, it is downloading additional content and depending on your connection speed and the amount of data to download, it may take a considerable amount of time.  I have literally seen it take over 8 hours in some instances.  Be patient and let it run.  In fact, let it run overnight if need be.  But do not continually cancel the process or it will think it is partially installed and you will have even more problems getting it working.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 18
luis_hoppe
in reply to: TravisNave

Oh man! A little warning or something would have been nice.
Well, thanks a lot man, I really appreciate it. It finally finished after a couple of hours.
Message 4 of 18
Seawolfstudios

Really glad to find someone else experienced this problem.

Mine has given me the estimated time of 2969 days and 4 hours remaining.............. so......... Am i going to actually have to wait that long?

I'm learning for a new job..... they might not want me byt the time it has installed! ha ha!

Message 5 of 18
jprice1000

Mine is doing the exact same thing. It would be helpful to have a redesign of the installer to see what is being installed and its progress. The generic progress bar is not very informative. 

here is my stuck screen.. 4 of 15 remaining forever.

Message 6 of 18
bunsel

I and a number of my students have the same problem downloading the educational license of Maya 2015.  We receive this error, then it shuts down.  I have had students drop the class because they were so frustrated.maya2015error.jpg

Message 7 of 18
jeffrey.sin
in reply to: bunsel

Hi @bunsel

Welcome to the Community. Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

The error typically is caused by the anti-virus software running on the computer. You may try disabling the anti-virus during installation as described in this Autodesk Solution:

Error: "Source file not found: 93437458-FD45-41D9-8F2E-8B4F60CF9356.dll" 

Thanks, 

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 8 of 18
juliettepetra

-->Bunsel

I had the same error about the source file not found, but that's an easy fix! 
I tried to attach the file to this post but I can't since it's not the right file type 😞 

It's probably deleted by virus detection (happened to me) Undo this or do the following: 

Use the search function to search for the file in the C:\Autodesk map 93437458-FD45-41D9-8F2E-8B4F60CF9356.dll )
The exact same file occurs multiple times so you will find one in a different map that has not been deleted. 
Copy and paste the file to the following destination: 
C:\Autodesk\WI\Autodesk Maya 2015\x64\Maya\Autodesk\Maya2015\plug-ins\bifrost\bin\precompiledGraphs

This solved my problem, I hope it solves yours 
xoxo 

--> About it being stuck, I just waited a very very long time and that did the trick 

Message 9 of 18
3DGUY117
in reply to: juliettepetra

Hi, I tried that, apparently my avast premier AV deleted all copies of that file, silently, couldnt find it anywhere.  What else could I try?

Message 10 of 18
juliettepetra
in reply to: 3DGUY117

Is it still possible to retrieve the file from the avast virus chest? 

(In case you haven't done before: Avast --> rightclick on the buttons --> add virus chest as button --> rightclick in the file --> restore file & make sure avast doesn't delete it again by making it an exception)

Otherwise I could send you the file by email

Although I think Autodesk should come up with a more permanent solution for future installers

Message 11 of 18
3DGUY117
in reply to: juliettepetra

Hi, yes, I didnt think of that before trying again, but its ok now.  I uninstalled the broken install, restarted my pc, disabled all the running avast premier scanners temporarily, and re-downloaded the student version(so glad this is offered), and it then installed without errors.  I sent a false-positive report to avast, maybe they will incorporate the false-positive into the next update of avast premier.  The file WAS moved to quarantine, so I could have restored it.

BTW, i had just started with the 30-day trial, and it installed ok, first time. Ran into this false positive when I changed to the educational version. So Its the educational version with this problem.

Message 12 of 18
CrimsonX1989

I'm currently installing the student version and it's at 4/9 remaining. Norton detected it when the exe finished downloading and deemed it safe. I only have Norton and nothing else for my anti-virus. Progress bar is nearly halfway and hasn't budged. Installing bar only has a dot of progress. I'm at a right schedule for my college classes and infuriated I'll be getting 4 hours of sleep. Can someone help? Be as basic as possible please. Too much computer terminology will get me confounded. I'm on windows 7.
Message 13 of 18
jessica.t
in reply to: CrimsonX1989

Hi @CrimsonX1989 and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Let's start from the beginning. First uninstall any residual files and then start the download process again following these steps:

• In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, remove pop-up blockers and allow access to all *autodesk.com sites.
  • In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history.
  • Turn off your personal firewall or VPN, if you use one.
  • Disable UAC
  • Close and reopen your preferred browser.
  • Re-download from the Virtual Agent

Let me know if that works or if you need further assistance. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 14 of 18
cosmicmatt
in reply to: 3DGUY117

Mine did the same thing to me. Turns out there are two versions of that file, one that's .bin, and one that's .dll. I just disabled my antivirus, duplicated the bin, and changed the extension to .dll on the duplicate. See if that works for you. Best of luck. 

Message 15 of 18
cyrille
in reply to: jessica.t

A partner contacted me and shared his experience. this is what he wrote:

<<

What worked for me finally is to delete the broken install files within the Autodesk/WI folder, then download via the “More Options” drop down and use “Download Now” through the download manager.

>>

Message 16 of 18
Roddaniel

Cancela El Proceso, borra La Carpeta Que se habia creado.Desactiva el antivirus los antes de Comenzar la Instalación y descasga, con eso te Tiene Que andar, a mi me paso lo Mismo.

Tags (1)
Message 17 of 18
ahindle

My install became stuck at the SP2 'intall' stage. Once I had closed all brousers it started back up. If I understand right the installation may have been blocked by the adbocker on my brouser. 

>Close all brousers.

Message 18 of 18
cartooncaleb24

What should I do if the progress does get cancelled or paused? That happened to me and I get it on my computer? How do I fix this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report