Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2015 installation problem

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
kendall.w12345
1731 Views, 7 Replies

Maya 2015 installation problem

everytime i try to install/download maya 2015 student version a orange screen pops up with red X's next to everything saying installation failed. how do i fix this ( and i did download everything from the install menu)

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
shiatt
in reply to: kendall.w12345

I have the same issue when i choose the 'Install now' option.  I have tried using the browser download option and i get an error when it visits the url.  It says "File not found "" and more recently it says: 

An error occurred while processing your request.

Reference #132.83e04817.1405086508.1baf19a3

The URL Im being directed to for "Browser Download" is: http://trial2.autodesk.com/SWDLDNET4/2015/MAYA/DLM/Autodesk_Maya_2015_dlm.sfx.exe

I tried accessing this URL from two different internet connections (two different IP Addresses) and I have used Chrome and Internet explorer each time. Neither one is working.  Is the file just temporarily unavailable?

Message 3 of 8
jessica.t
in reply to: shiatt

Hi @kendall.w12345 and @shiatt,

Please try the troubleshooting steps as laid out in @TravisNave 's posted solution for this issue. Also, if you need to re-download please include these steps:

• In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, remove pop-up blockers and allow access to all *autodesk.com sites.
  • In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history.
  • Turn off your personal firewall or VPN, if you use one.
  • Disable UAC
  • Close and reopen your preferred browser.
  • Re-download from the Virtual Agent

If any issues persist please reply to this post with your installation log files. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 4 of 8
shiatt
in reply to: jessica.t

My issue was not a UAC permissions problem nor was it an issue with my cache.  I was also able to send a GET request to the URL i provided in my previous post and get a response so my firewall was not creating the issue either.  For whatever reason I could not access the file earlier today and lastnight (the server continued to respond with "File not found."". I simply continued to try accessing the URL repeatedly through out the day until I was finaly able to receive the file.  It should also be noted I have my browser set to request a new copy of the page during each request, so refreshing was not feeding me a page from my cache, it was coming from the 'trial2.autodesk.com' server each time.  This was further confirmed by analyzing my traffic with a packet analyzer showing the response was coming from the autodesk server.   I did not change the process I was using to attempt to access the file and yet the problem went away.  I believe the problem was occuring outside of my computer.  Since I also tried using two different ISP's earlier (charter and AT&T) I also believe this problem did not occur because of my service provider.  

Thank you for your suggestions Jessica.  I am sure they will help someone who is having a problem with their cache or having problems connecting because of their firewall or UAC permission issues trying to 'protect' them from installing un-identified software.  The link to Travis' solution also looks particularly useful for specific circumstances.

Message 5 of 8
jessica.t
in reply to: shiatt

Hi @shiatt,

I am glad to see that you were able to download the file you needed. Download issues are tricky sometimes and often making a small change can make a big difference. Thanks for using the forums! Take care!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 6 of 8
a.flaig
in reply to: jessica.t

I am getting the same problem. Is there any solution for it?
Message 7 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: a.flaig

Post a new thread with your installation log file and we can take a look to see the problem.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 8 of 8
gpmail1
in reply to: kendall.w12345

I am having this issue, and have had it for days now, with Maya 2015 student edition on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.  Autodesk customer service over the phone said it was an issue with Maya being incompatible with this version.  That is wrong as there are people who are running Maya 2015 in that version of Ubuntu.

I have converted .rpms to .debs, and sudo ./setup runs the installer.  Every single time though I get a RED X next to Autodesk License Manager and Autodesk FLEXnet Client.

Any help would be appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report