Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2015 Installation Error

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
ramrok
826 Views, 15 Replies

Maya 2015 Installation Error

error.jpg

Went to download the Win64 Maya 2015 Student version and once i download the .exe and Run it, I get this error. While I also keep the website open with the installing instructions.

Tags (2)
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
camilo.lemos
in reply to: ramrok

Hi @ramrok and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Please, disable your firewall and anti-virus programs and download the software from our Virtual Agent linked here (click on Download Links, choose product and version).

Please accept as solution if my post fully resolves your issue, or reply with additional details if the problem persists.

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 16
ramrok
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Thank you, the Virtual Agent worked.

Message 4 of 16
fenris_cro

i have the same problem i followed the instructions above and still have this issue it so say that a source file is missing
please help

Message 5 of 16
lynn_zhang
in reply to: fenris_cro

Hi@fenris_cro Welcome to Autodesk Community!

Have you already re-downloaded from Virtual Agent? If yes and you still have the issue, can you attach a screenshot of this error?

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 6 of 16
ramrok
in reply to: lynn_zhang

Virtual Agent allowed me to download Maya 2015 and patch it SP5, however Maya2015 is asking me to activate it and my old key doesnt seem to work... its the same key i used to download it so I dont get why I cannot activate it now.

Message 7 of 16
camilo.lemos

Hi @ramrok 

The easiest way around this issue is to register a new Education Community account with a different email address and obtain a new serial number.

There is no need to fully download the program again, simply go as far as obtaining the serial number.

Camilo Lemos

Message 8 of 16
Ramrok

This got it working, thank you.

Message 9 of 16
fenris_cro

my product key does not work im am now behind in class and may fail because
the product key i was given is fake
Message 10 of 16
jessica.t

Hi @fenris_cro and welcome to the Autodesk Community,

Sorry to see that you're experiencing activation issues. Did you request a license through the Education Community or some place else? If you did make the request from the Education Community, are you seeing a red X next to your product key? If so, please see this Autodesk Solution.

If not, please reply with further specifics on the actual error. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 11 of 16
fenris_cro
in reply to: lynn_zhang

my licence key is for the 30 day trial version.
im a student.
im supposed to get a 3 year licence.
Message 12 of 16
fenris_cro
in reply to: jessica.t

no red x an error comes up and it says i have 27 days to activate maya
Message 13 of 16
jeffrey.sin

Hi @fenris_cro,

If it's for Autodesk Maya 2015, the product key would be 657G1. You can check out this link for the 2015: Product keys for Autodesk products. Additionally, are you getting any error when you click on Activate after launching Maya? If you can send in a screenshot (while blocking your serial number), that would help us a lot to understand the issue.

Thanks,

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 14 of 16
Sharniece

Can you please help me with Maya 2015 download

Message 15 of 16
lynn_zhang
in reply to: Sharniece

Hi @Sharniece Welcome to Autodesk Community!

This error usually indicates an incomplete download. Please disable your firewall and anti-virus programs, and download the software again from our Virtual Agent (click on Download Links, choose product and version). Hope this helps.

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 16 of 16
brimeister2009

After many attempts to download the Maya 2015 software, I came across this discussion and successfully downloaded both parts of the program. However, when I try to open/extract the files I get an error message saying that the files are corrupt!! I did make sure to get rid of previous versions, saved to the same folder, disabled my firewall and antivirus software before I downloaded.  What NOW??? I have got to get this installed for my class work this week. The sooner you can help, the better.

Thanks,
Brian

PS When I found this discussion I had gotten the Error 1721, but that went away after using the Virtual Agent.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report