Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2015 Installation Error

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
hammerowns
8408 Views, 9 Replies

Maya 2015 Installation Error

Hey everybody,

Recently I have been trying to install Maya 2015 but keep stumbling upon the same error message part-way through installation.

JPfolfO.png

I have tried downloading and installing via multiple methods aswell as deleting all files I could find from previous installations and trying again but consistantly get the same error.

My PC is currently running Windows 7 64bit, additional details can be provided if it would help.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks, Thor

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
c.coward
in reply to: hammerowns

The same thing happened to me at first.. The issue may be your virus protection software. It will read the bifrost as a false positive during dowload and delete it before you even get to install.. Try disabling your virus protection until it's installed.

Message 3 of 10
hammerowns
in reply to: c.coward

This worked after re-downloading and re-installing Maya, I can't thank you enough!

For anybody curious it was Avast causing the false positive.

Thanks again!

Message 4 of 10
alan

I uninstalled and reinstalled without Avast running and got the same error. I had to delete the files out of C:\Autodesk\WI\Autodesk Maya 2015 before it will install properly.

Message 5 of 10
hammerowns
in reply to: alan

Yeah, the files need to be entirely re-downloaded and so you must delete the others, what was happening with mine was the file in question was for some reason turned into a .bin file rather than a .dll.

Message 6 of 10
alan

Noting the same thing, I did try to rename it back from bin to dll and that let me complete the install just fine. However, when I went to try to use on of the sample scenes, the bifrost node did not work properly. 

Message 7 of 10
hammerowns
in reply to: alan

There is probably some issue with simply changing the file extension of a binary file to a .dll where the data becomes unusable. Glad that we have it fixed though :).

Message 8 of 10
crazy49

I had the same problem yesterday, and I found a way to fix this Error.

Befor you install Maya 2015, set the secure level from your Windowsprofil to the lowest level,

and deativate Avast. After the instalation of Maya 2015, you can change the scure level back.

Sorry for my bad english, but i hope this help you to fix this error.

Message 9 of 10
hmlozano

Greetings,

No logro instalar maya 2015, mensaje: "An error occurred while installing this product. For more information view the instalation log file"

Equipo: Acer

O.S: Win 8

Help please

Thanks.

Message 10 of 10
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: hmlozano

@hmlozano

Welcome to the community and hopefully my (or someone else) reply will be beneficially to you.

As a reminder, this is a world wide (public) user forum where users are assisting others. In addition do not post, attach screen shots, or share any personal information (such as your serial #) here.

We would need your installation log file to see what's going on but I would recommend that your review the verbiage below the line/above my signature and follow those steps to download and install your application.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report