Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2015 Install Issue

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
BobbyFSO
8345 Views, 16 Replies

Maya 2015 Install Issue

Hello,

I am trying to install Maya 2015 on my desktop but keep getting an error "Source file not found" I have looked up this directory and the file is there but when hitting retry it will not go away. I have tried the install multiple times. I'm I missing something possibly. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

maya.JPG"

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
TravisNave
in reply to: BobbyFSO

Some have found that this is caused by anti-virus running.  Others have solved it by downloading a new copy from the virtual assistant. 

If disabling your antivirus doesn't solve the issue immediately, I would recommend that you try downloading your product using the virtual assistant by following the directions here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 17
BobbyFSO
in reply to: TravisNave

I removed and turned off all antivirus software but still had the same issue. I also followed the link but the latest version throught he virtual assistant I saw was 2014. Is there another way to install 2015 that you know of?

Thank you!

Message 4 of 17
TravisNave

Really? Hmm...

You can download the trial, perhaps.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 17
edu.mperez

It happened the same to me and I checked that the file was there.

There is a file with the same name but is .bin instead of .dll, so I duplicated the file and changed the extension.

It seems to work to me but I didn't have much time to see if that completely fixed the problem.

Hope it helps.

Message 6 of 17
isabel_heyneke
in reply to: edu.mperez

@edu.mperez wrote:

It happened the same to me and I checked that the file was there.

There is a file with the same name but is .bin instead of .dll, so I duplicated the file and changed the extension.

It seems to work to me but I didn't have much time to see if that completely fixed the problem.

Hope it helps.

Thank you! 

Had the same issue. This has solved the problem for now. 

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: isabel_heyneke

Worked great, thanks!Heart

Message 8 of 17
sciorms
in reply to: edu.mperez

I had the same problem but your suggestion worked perfectly!
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous

For those of you that cant change the file extensions make sure you read this. 🙂 Hope it helps!

http://www.wikihow.com/Change-a-File-Extension

Message 10 of 17
Anonymous

já fiz todoas as sugestões que vcs postaram mas mesmo assim continua dando o mesmo erro não instala,qual a outra dica?

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous

I am also having a problem with downloading Maya 2015 on the student account. It keeps saying that communication was lost with the site when I have the site open and my internet connection is very good. Could you help me please?

Message 12 of 17
lynn_zhang
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous Welcome to Autodesk Community!

Have you tried the solution highlighted in green on Page 1? It seems to work for other members.

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous

I think you have to keep the browser open while the installer begins to run

Hop that helps

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous

Uninstall the failed install(if you tried to install it previously),reboot pc, deactivate your AV scanner real-time scanners(Avast especially), go to the website again and redownload it, keeping the browser open thru the install.  Worked for me(after many frustrated attempts). 

Message 15 of 17
robinfiore

Hey everyone, i am still facing the install problem. Disabling my antivir and firewall did not helped at all. Then i came up with that solution of duplicating and renaming the .bin file to .dll. The error disappeared but not the installation is stuck. Its at the beginning of the SP2 installation at 4 of 9 remaining. It just doesn't proceed from there on. I even deleted every file, restarted and manually downloaded maya 2015 but its still stuck at that exact same spot. Does anyone have another idea?
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: robinfiore

Did you uninstall, and even delete the install directory?  I had to remove all trace of the prev install.  It seems the installer tries to rebuild from a partial install, and fails.  Seems to really hate anti-virus suites, keeps getting flagged as malware.  COMPLETELY uninstalling, even subdirs, disabling virus protection, and making sure the browser stays open all thru, worked for me.  Other than that, I don't know what else is hanging it up.  I DID have to try it multiple times.  It IS very frustrating.  Autodesk needs to fix the problem.

Message 17 of 17
Anonymous

To fix this issue, I turned off my anti virus. My anti-virus is nortons. I did disable it at first and it failed again, but I then went into the folder that was causing the error and deleted everything that said maya.(its in the WI folder. I deleted maya 2015) The antivirus deleted the file, and the installer still was looking for the file even though the anti virus terminated it on download. So the file was still not there. So I downloaded it again and bam it worked. Hope this helps. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report