Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2015 failed installation

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
974 Views, 14 Replies

Maya 2015 failed installation

Hello,

I'm installing Maya for a 3D sculpting and animation class. I have Windows 8.1, and am getting errors during installation. 

I'm using a browser download, and everything seems to be dandy until installation begins. It will install for about a minute, and then will stop and display a few errors saying a few things failed to install. Everything listed fails to install. Is there a way I can fix this? I need maya very soon.

Also, I tried downloading all the other versions of Maya besides 2015, and they all do the same thing.

Anyone know how to fix this?

-Ally

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
philip.s
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the community Ally!

In this case we would want to look at your installation log for specific failure references and diagnose from there based on the error message.

Location of the log files generated by the installation of an Autodesk product

Can you attach it here in a reply?

I would also ensure that you are installing the newest version of Maya SP3 which resolves issues with Windows 8.1.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: philip.s

The notification it gives me in the installation gives me a little link to the log files, is this right?

Message 4 of 15
philip.s

That's exactly it!

The 2 potential issues that I see are the following:

Download Error Connection has expired. Please reconnect to site

Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable (x64) Failed Download Failed, Installation aborted, Result=1603

To resolve the connection error, you would need to either restart the Install Now installer, or utilize a different download method such as Browser Download (can be found on the Edu site as well as from our Virtual Agent).

The 1603 error show above typically means that the prerequisite already installed on the computer is newer than the one supplied by the Autodesk installer, where the workaround is to manually uninstall the C++ Redistributable (2008 SP1 in your case) from your Control Panel -> Add Remove Programs, and run the Autodesk installer.

For a complete list of 1603 solutions, please check out this Error 1603 during installation of Autodesk software article.

Can you please let us know if those work? 

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous

It didn't work 😞

Message 6 of 15
philip.s

Would you ,mind providing the specifics as to what you tried as well as attach another copy of your new install log?

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous

Well, I THOUGHT I uninstalled the C++ program that was causing issues, but I just noticed the "SP1" part of it... And I can't find that in my programs at all. 

And I'm not sure about the connection issue. I'm already doing the browser download (the student download). Here's the new log file

Message 8 of 15
philip.s

Any chance that you could provide a screen shot of your Add/Remove programs listing the C++ options that are installed?

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous

Yes, here it is. Are any of these the ones I need to uninstall?

Message 10 of 15
philip.s

Can you try downloading Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64), rebott, and then reinstall? Any better?

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous

I downloaded the C++ file, rebooted, and tried to install Maya 2015 again. It seemed to kinda help? It took a lot longer before it came up with the failed programs. Here's the log file for that.

Before I tried to reinstall, I checked my programs to see if I could see the C++ file you sent, but I couldn't see it... I definitely downloaded it though. I also attached a screenshot of my programs again.

Do you think there could be a different issue with my computer or something? I think I'm the only student who hasn't been able to install it yet. 

My computer is dual-booted with Linux, is it possible to install Maya on Ubuntu? Or would that be an even bigger ordeal? haha

Message 12 of 15
asburyj

It seems like there's a download related issue according to your setup log. You may want to try downloading the full product installer from the virtual agent's direct download link

Go to http://autodesk.creativevirtual15.com/autodesk/bot.html?isJSEnabled=1&businessArea=Root.Front%20Desk...

Select the 2nd Choice "Download Links "

Select your product

You are now presented with the choice to download your software. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: asburyj

Unfortunately, that didn't work either... I don't know why this isn't working.

I see that it has an option for Linux, I can try installing it on Ubuntu. However, is there a way I could use the free student download using this?

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous

Sooooo... Do I just not get to install Maya?

Message 15 of 15
asburyj

The serial numbers are the same for the Windows/Mac/Lunix so it doesn't matter which release you install in that sense. However the product isn't tested on Ubuntu so it may or maynot work. 

In terms of your latest install failure trying from the full download can you post the logs so we can see where it failed this time?

Jeffry Asbury

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report