Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2014 Unable to Start Correctly (0xc000007b)

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Corey.Ballantoni
13754 Views, 8 Replies

Maya 2014 Unable to Start Correctly (0xc000007b)

I just recently installed Maya 2014 and I get the pop up that it was unable to start. I also get that same pop up for each of the accompanying software such as MatchMover.

I've search all over the net and Autodesk help and several people have had this issue. Some have fixed it with DirectX and Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Service Pack 1 installs. Another solution was to install the latest Nvidia GeForce Drivers. And some couldn't get it to work after any of those solutions. That is where I am now. Below you'll find the hardware and OS I am running.

Any ideas what I could do? Smiley Sad

MayaFail.JPGMatchMoverAppFail.JPG

-Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit SP1

-Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 Video Card

-Intel Desktop Board Extreme Series LGA 1155 DDR3 2400 Motherboard DZ77GAL-70K
-Intel Core i7-3770 Quad-Core Processor 3.4 GHz 4 Core LGA 1155 - BX80637I73770

-Crucial m4 256GB 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive SATA 6Gb/s CT256M4SSD2
-Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory (CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10)

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hello and welcome to the community!

Based on the error you provided it sounds like you are experiencing corruption with the .exe file. To resolve this issue please uninstall Maya and MatchMoverapp using the MS fix it tool.

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

1.) Click the "Run now" button in the Fix-it box.

2.) Accept the License Agreement.

3.) Choose the option "Detect Problems and let me select fixes to apply".

4.) Select "Uninstalling".

5.) When the list of installed programs populates, select the one from the list you are unable to reinstall and then click Next and Yes.

6.) When the tool completes there may be remnants left so please delete the directory where the product was installed.

Prior to installing the software please follow steps 1-4 from the link.

Quick Start: General installation workflow.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/04/quick-start-general-installation-workflow.html

After completing the steps from the link please reinstall Maya and MatchMoverapp.

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

BHurley
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 9

Well I was really hopeful but unfortunately after all the changes specified it still is giving me the error.

I disabled all the anti virus software, diabled UAC, added the registry keys per this page (http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/03/general-systems-windows-7-administrator-tips-tric... and ran the install as an administrator. I also emptied the temp folder. So I have all the install log files available.

Message 4 of 9

So I kept trying several times and still no luck...
Here's the programs installed after downloading the software (Autodesk_Maya_2014_dlm.sfx.exe) and installing again:

Capture1.JPG

Below are the pop ups I get when they fail to open. The only applications that appear to work are the ones under the Autodesk Backburner 2014.

Composite 2014

Capture1.JPG

MatchMover 2014

Capture1.JPG

FCheck

Capture1.JPG

License Transfer Utility

Capture1.JPG

Maya 2014

Capture1.JPG

Message 5 of 9
asburyj
in reply to: Corey.Ballantoni

Try the below solution 

1.) Search the folder you installed the product from for a file called MSVCR100.DLL. If you find multiple copies select one with a file size of 809 KB

2.) Copy MSVCR100.DLL from the location in the install folder

Paste it into the following folders

C:\Windows\System32\ 

C:\windows\Syswow64

say yes to replacing the file

3.) Reboot your system and try lunching the product again. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 6 of 9
Corey.Ballantoni
in reply to: asburyj

Found the file in the setup folder ...Autodesk\Autodesk_Maya_2014_dlm\Setup\msvcr100.dll, but not anywhere else in the Autodesk installation folder.

I only found one and its file size is 753 kb. I still tried copying it over to the folders specified and still no luck. Same problem as before.

Message 7 of 9
Corey.Ballantoni

I also just tried installing the recommended Maya tested video card drivers for my Nvidia Geforce 680 which shows version 320.49.

I had the latest version 332.21 installed. And still with the older tested drivers I'm getting the same errors.

Message 8 of 9
Corey.Ballantoni

Tried installing Maya 2013 and the same result remains. All the same errors as before.

Message 9 of 9
Corey.Ballantoni

Since I couldn't locate the msvcr100.dll with file size 809 kb on my PC I found it on the net located here:

http://www.opendll.com/index.php?search=msvcr100.dll

I swapped them out and success! Everything works!

Thank you so much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report