Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2014 Student Version, No activation ?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
jogamuse
3494 Views, 9 Replies

Maya 2014 Student Version, No activation ?

I just downloaded Maya 2014, the student version

They gave me an activation code via email but when I open Maya, it didn't ask me for it, is this normal ?

On another note, the program is pretty hard to get into, but I can't wait to explore it and learn, thank you very much for the student version, it really help.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
jessica.t
in reply to: jogamuse

Hi Nallely and welcome to the Discussion Forums!

It is possible that you would not have needed the activation code if this was the first time activating your license. However, you may have actually been a request code that may have presented to you in case you needed an activation code.

But that's great you didn't end up needing one! Smiley Happy

Also, check out our Autodesk Maya Services and Support page help on learning and understanding your new product!

If any other issues arise be sure to let us know.

Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 10
jogamuse
in reply to: jessica.t

Thank You !Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 10
naiti.escot

Hello !

I tried to install Maya 2014 Student version on my two computers, the first one was going well but the second one goes automatically on the trial version for 30 days. Everytime i try to reinstall it, it's the same, so what can i do to get the REAL student version please?

Message 5 of 10

Hi Naiti.escot and welcome to the forums!

Do note that students are only allowed to run the software on one machine.

Should you require the software to be transfered between computers, you will need to do so via the online license transfer utility. the instructions can be found here.

Muhammad Farhan Abdul Manan

Message 6 of 10
bareshark1975

I had a similar situation happen to me for my student version and I just want to be safe. I was given the option between a trial version and activation on my first startup of Maya. As I was offline at the time (I have no home Internet and make due with free Wi-Fi) and wanted to see the program right away for an assignment, I opted for the Trial option. I was not asked that again on my second startup but I'm wondering if I will need to address this sometime down the line when the trial expires. Thanks in advance!

Message 7 of 10

Hi Johnathon,

If you chose the Trial Version option, once 30 days is up it will be asking you to activate and enter your Serial #. You just have too enter your Serial # and Product Key and the License will be then activated. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 8 of 10
Mshainski
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

Hi! I have a similar situation. I chose the trial even though I am a student. My problem with entering a serial # is that I don't have one. Did I miss something during the registration? I am a student and so am supposed to get student access. Thank you!

Message 9 of 10
Mshainski
in reply to: Mshainski

Just in case; this was done via the browser download. Trying the more efficient options led to a bunch of errors. First a missing dll file, then something else. Turning Avast off and restarting the installation didn't help so I decided to try the browser method. Somehow this option only allows to install if you either register (with a key I don't have) or choose trial. I know I am missing something, but I really don't know where to look for it (been at it for a few hours already...)

Message 10 of 10
Mshainski
in reply to: Mshainski

Well, I am happy to say that this is not even a problem anymore... the missing 93437458-FD45-41D9-8F2E-8B4F60CF9356.dll file error hit me again. I am really not sure what to attempt this time around. Avast is still very much off... 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report