Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAYA 2014 OSX 10.9.1 License Transfer Utility will not launch

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
oxenburgh2011
2027 Views, 9 Replies

MAYA 2014 OSX 10.9.1 License Transfer Utility will not launch

I am stuck. I have tried to use tech/customer support which is now only online and it demands codes that I give and then ...oh well let's say I am stuck.

The problem is simple the LTU will launch but quits within a second and I cannot export the license let alone activate on another Mac running 10.9.1

I do not know what do. I cannot phone Autodesk like in the 2012 days and I cannot use their forms.

I cannot transfer this app.

Anyoen know how to troubleshoot the License Transfer Utility working in Mac OSX 10.9.1?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
grace.liu
in reply to: oxenburgh2011

Hi oxenburgh2011,

Welcome to Autodesk Community! 

The OSX 10.9 was lanuched after the Maya 2014, it will have some issue when you use the product in the OS.

Please try to uninstall the Maya 2014 from the old computer, reinstall in the new computer and reactivate it. To avoid other issue in the OSX 10.9.1, please install the Maya 2014 SP3 . The Maya 2014 SP3 has some updates to the licensing, hope it could fix that issue. 

For the product reactivation, please feel free to activate your product online or contact our License Assistance Team for direct support. You also could send me a Private Message (click on my grace.liu profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) with your Serial Number,Product Key, Request Code and your registration details , I will help to activate it manually.

Thanks,

Grace Liu

Message 3 of 10
abushahed
in reply to: grace.liu

Dose this answer apply to Maya 2013? Can I uninstall and reinstall Maya 2013 again?

Message 4 of 10
byron.morales
in reply to: abushahed

Hello Abushahed;

Maya 2013 is currently not supported on Mavericks OS, We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/10/mac-os-mavericks-109-released-autodesk-products.h...

Byron M.
Installation and Licensing
Message 5 of 10
jdweekley

I got the License Transfer Utility to run by changing the name of the folder in the path to the executible from:

Applications/Autodesk/Adlm/R8

to

Applications/Autodesk/Adlm/R7

(the error thrown indicated it couldn't find the executibile)

It launched after that.

-jeff w.

Message 6 of 10

The adlm folder rename trick worked for me:

Rename R7 to R6

Rename R8 to R7

No error displayed for me and worked like a charm on Mavericks & SP4 installed.

Message 7 of 10
Sonichero

I accidentally installed Maya 2014 on Mac OS X 10.9.1, not knowing of Maya SP3. I can launch the LTU (License Transfer Utility) but I cannot change the procedure from import to export. Even with the Import function launched, when I click "Sign In..." the window dissapears and nothing else happens. Help?

Tags (1)
Message 8 of 10
jessica.t
in reply to: Sonichero

Hi @Sonichero and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

If the LTU isn't working for you the best work around would be to do a clean uninstall from the first machine and fresh install on the new machine. Apologies for the troubles but that should get you back up and running again! If you have any other questions please let us know. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 9 of 10
elimay
in reply to: jessica.t

Hi what if my computer stopped working altogether and I cannot uninstall or deactivate the license and wish to go to another computer to keep working? What if I'm in a rush to get a project out the door? Is there any support that can ease this kind of inconvenience?
Message 10 of 10
jessica.t
in reply to: elimay

Hi @elimay,

Apologies for the late reply! If that ever happens again, please just re-download your software on to the new machine process a new activation. I hope that helps! Be sure to let us know if you need anything else. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report