Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2014 License Server for MAC can ONLY connect 7 computers instead of 125?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
lloyd.veloso2013
756 Views, 5 Replies

Maya 2014 License Server for MAC can ONLY connect 7 computers instead of 125?

Hi Guys,

Here is our problem. We have two laboratories all running Mac OS X 10.6.8 - Snow Leopard. Our Editing Lab is composed of iMacs (13 workstations) and our CGI Lab is composed of MacPros (7 workstations) and these two are network connected. Now, our Autodesk License Server is our Mentor's workstation in the CGI Lab which is running the Maya 2014 application. During the installation of Maya 2014, I can only install them to 6 workstations in our CGI Lab because we were having a problem with one workstation which connection keeps turning on and off thus it can't connect or locate the Autodesk License Server. In our Editing Lab, I was only able to install the Maya 2014 to our Mentor's workstation and not with the remaining 12 iMacs because they can't connect to the Autodesk License Server.

When I encountered this problem, I was thinking maybe something is wrong with our connection so I called our Network Contractor to check the physical connection and they found out that nothing is wrong with our LAN setup so they suggested to raise our concern to Autodesk and that maybe it's the license server that is blocking the connections. By the way, we assigned static IP address to each workstation instead of using the DHCP.

Any ideas on this.

Thanks.

Lloyd

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

The license manager uses ports 27000 and 2080, so make sure those are open and that you can verify connectivity to the server computer.  Does the status show the NLM is running and licenses are available?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6

Hi Travis, thank you so much for your reply. Now, I don't have any idea about networking. May I ask how do I locate these ports 27000 and 2080 and how do I "OPEN" them?

Thanks.

Lloyd

Message 4 of 6

I suspect there is some sort of firewall on the server.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6

Hi Travis, may I ask how do I check a firewall because our server is actually a MacPro running Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard). I don't think I've enabled any firewalls in that workstation.

Message 6 of 6

I guess you can try to telnet into that server using those ports. If it connects, they are open.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report