Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2014 crash on startup

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
maie.badawy90
3099 Views, 9 Replies

Maya 2014 crash on startup

Hi , whenever i open maya it gives me the attached error . i've uninstalled it and then re-installed it , but later when i shut my computer and then re-open it the error is back , 

i'm using Maya 2014 student licence, Core i7 processor, windows 7, Nvidea Greforce 520 M 

i'd appreciate your help 

thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
TravisNave
in reply to: maie.badawy90

Do you have local admin rights?  Might also set an exception in your anti-virus.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 10
david.lau

Delete your prefs and start again.

C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\Documents\maya\2014-x64

Open Maya first before opening the file.

David Lau
Message 4 of 10
maie.badawy90
in reply to: TravisNave

thank you for your reply but yes i have 

Message 5 of 10
maie.badawy90
in reply to: david.lau

i deleted the prefs but it didn't help 😞 and i'm just opening maya not a file i don't know what is it trying to save
Message 6 of 10
david.lau

What video card are you running?  If you are running a Geforce card, can you try to run it is a default graphics mode?

http://upandready.typepad.com/.a/6a0147e3c68bef970b019aff0e2c0e970c-pi

David Lau
Message 7 of 10
maie.badawy90

My Nvidia is the default but i tried running it with the intel card and it is now working :))) but my intel card is just 512 mb so i guess it won't handle large scenes :S but it solved the problem thank you so much 🙂 but what should i do with my Geforce card ?
Message 8 of 10
TravisNave

You could try installing an updated driver and see if it still crashes.  Otherwise, new video cards are really affordable these days.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 9 of 10
david.lau

Once you run in Intel Mode, quit, and run in Geforce Mode.  Does it still crash?  I know that a M card is on a laptop so it will be hard to upgrade hardware.

David Lau
Message 10 of 10
maie.badawy90

it didn't crash . thank you so much . i really appreciate your help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report