Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2014 crash at startup

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Trinity378
910 Views, 3 Replies

Maya 2014 crash at startup

I recently downloaded Maya 2014 (student edition) for Windows and each time I try to open it, a window pops up saying that it is trying to verify my license. Immediately I get a notification saying that the 'Autodesk Component' has stopped working and a few seconds after, it says that it has encountered a problem and needs to close. 

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Maya, run as admin, run using integrated graphics (I saw that my graphics card isn't compatible? NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M) but nothing is working. I need this for school so fast help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. 

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dembkod
in reply to: Trinity378

Trinity378,

Hello. I have some thoughts for you.

Click the windows start button (or the Windows button on your keyboard if you are on Win8). Type Services.msc in the run box (or just type it in Win 😎 and press Enter. This should open the Services pane.

Look for the entries FlexLM Licensing Service or FlexLM Licensing Service 64. Make sure the services are not disabled and turn them on if they are. Then test.

Next:

Delete the TSF.data file. It will resemble this: ADSKFLEX_NUMBERS_TSF.data. It should be located here:

Windows XP:

Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet

Vista/Windows 7:

C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet

Start the program and a new TSF DATA file will be created and possibly a log file. You may need to activate. If so, do it. If the program now works, great.

If not:

Do you have Internet Explorer 10 installed? If so, roll back to 9.

1. In the Windows Control Panel, go to Programs and Features
  2. Click Turn Windows features on or off
  3. Uncheck the Internet Explorer 10 box and click "OK". Let the process run
  4. After the system finishes processing, reboot the machine
  5. In the Windows Control Panel, go to Programs and Features
  6. Click "View Installed Updates"
  7. Locate the update for Internet Explorer 10 and select it and click "Uninstall" at the top of the screen.
  8. Let the process complete and reboot.

Now test again. 

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 3 of 4
Trinity378
in reply to: dembkod

Cool thanks very much! Everything seems to be working now!! 

Message 4 of 4
isabelle1234
in reply to: dembkod

Bonjour
I have the same problem. I don't find the file Flexnet. I have windows 8. There isn't Documents and Settings
Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report