Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2013 won't install via Installer

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
ohp7482
4765 Views, 9 Replies

Maya 2013 won't install via Installer

I downloaded Maya 2013 service pack 2. (Note: I don't have any autodesk product installed in my computer). After extracting from the download and entering the setup/product key. Just before I install It says that Autodesk Maya 2013 is already installed. How is that possible? I checked and it is NOT installed. I cleaned my registry and junk files. I redownloaded the installer and in fact also tried the regular Autodesk Maya 2013 without the service packs...

Any fix for this??? I really need this fix for school. This is really important for me.

I uploaded a picture to show what the problem is.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
asburyj
in reply to: ohp7482

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. It sounds like you have already checked and cleaned out any reg keys and folders but here is one commonly missed that can cause the installer to think Maya is still there. Check and see if the below key exists in your registry

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\7DC5439D8F0D476409FC0ABA14EE4F04

If you find it, go ahead and delete that and then try the install again. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 10
Oblivion2500

Thank you very much. I just cleaned out every registry that was related as well using regedit. Now I Maya 2013 will install. Again thanks!

Message 4 of 10
abiemew2

I am having the same problem can you tell me which parts need to be deleted in the regedit that would help me out

Message 5 of 10
ohp7482

If you look at the first reply to my post/question. I had to go to the reg editor and delete any Autodesk registry related to Maya. Here is the answer below:

"Sorry to hear you are having trouble. It sounds like you have already checked and cleaned out any reg keys and folders but here is one commonly missed that can cause the installer to think Maya is still there. Check and see if the below key exists in your registry

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\7DC5439D8F0D476409FC0ABA14EE4F04

If you find it, go ahead and delete that and then try the install again. " - asburyj

Hopes this helps!

Message 6 of 10
AdhamTaha365

I'm having the same problem but with maya 2012
Message 7 of 10
asburyj
in reply to: AdhamTaha365

For any product If the installer is not letting you perform the re-install because it believes the software is already installed most likely there are registry keys left over from a partial install. Please use the microsoft install cleanup fixit tool at the below link

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

1.) Click the "Run now" Button in the Fix-it box

2.) Accept the License Agreement

3.) Choose the option "Detect Problems and let me select fixes to apply"

4.) Select "Uninstalling"

5.) When the list of installed programs populates, select the one from the list you are unable to Re-install and then click next and yes

6.) When the tool completes There may be remnants left so please delete the directory where the product was installed

This is an easy way to ensure any partial installs or failed uninstalls are cleaned out of the registry

Jeffry Asbury
Message 8 of 10
jairaja1991

solve the problem.....sir......super...super....sir...ths...ths....

Message 9 of 10
Royalkg

Dont have that folder Help pls :((( 

Message 10 of 10
asburyj
in reply to: Royalkg

the folder I mentioned was for Maya 2013 Looks like you are trying to get Maya 2014. I suggest you do a search for Maya 2014 in the registry HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\ and you should be able to find the folder for that version. 

Jeffry Asbury

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report