Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2013 student (License not obtained)

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
jsnchin55
5176 Views, 12 Replies

Maya 2013 student (License not obtained)

This was probably my fault.  I opened maya up twice at the same time on accident(first time launching the program) and one of them opened up fine.  While the other gave me the license not obtained.  After closing maya, now I get the license not obtained and cannot use maya at all.  This is with the 3 year student license.  I have a serial and activation code as well and had received an email that said I had registered my product.  Do I need to reinstall?  can I redownload or no?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
natnatb
in reply to: jsnchin55

I have exactly the same problem. My assignment needs me to use this program.

Maya email team have been extremely unhelpful, not really doing anything at all. They have asked me to send the "request code" from within the product, when I specified that I couldn't get INTO the product.

I have called the team and they said they'd call me back, but I highly doubt they will.

It seems that maybe because we're students we aren't "worthy" of getting proper help. I don't know. But either way, I'm sick of waiting for them.

I have redownloaded, tried to reactivate my program and such, but nothing works. Sorry, but you're as stuck as me.

I hope everything works out soon, and they actually give some decent help.

Message 3 of 13
philip.s
in reply to: natnatb

Hello Natalie,

My apologies for the previous inconvenience and can confirm that student licenses generally do not qualify for our technical support entitlement which is a subscription benefit. We do however have a Per-Incident 1-on-1 support offering which is available to anyone not on a subscription contract.

Can you please confirm that you've installed the software as a standalone deployment and not a network? Are you able to provide a screen shot of the error?

Message 4 of 13
natnatb
in reply to: philip.s

Wait, I'm confused...

I'm expected to pay to gain help on free software...?

I'm not too sure that I understand.

Either way, I have called technical support, and emailed them as well as
tried to get in touch in every way possible to describe the problem.

Is there nothing that can be done for me to get this free software? Without
paying any money. I have handed my computer to the IT technicians at my
college and they can do nothing. I have handed it to my tutor. No one knows
what the problem is, and the help support staff don't seem to know how the
program works either.

Is there anything I can do?
Message 5 of 13
philip.s
in reply to: natnatb

Correct. While free termed licenses are one benefit of the Education Community, free technical support is not as it is a paid / subscription only entitlement.

As mentioned previously, can you please confirm that you've installed the software as a standalone deployment and not a network? Are you able to provide a screen shot of the error?

Message 6 of 13
jsnchin55

Here is a screen shot of the error.  Ive tried reinstalling and unistalling maya but still get this.  It is quite frustrating.  My project is due tom so its kind of no use although I would still like a solution as quick as possible.  Not sure if im gonna fail or not.  Capture 2.PNG

Message 7 of 13
philip.s

Thanks for the providing that Jason!

A quick search in the forums comes back with a handful of potential culprits and corresponding solutions. Please check out the following links for more info and let me know if any of them resolve the issue.

LINK 1 - Delete the file Maya.env file which may be corrupt / preventing the program from functioning. After doing so and upon first run, a new Maya.env file will be generated.

Windows XP & 7
C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\maya\version

Mac OS X
/Users/username/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/version

LINK 2 - Do the following:

1: Pull up run and type in services.msc
2: Click on the standard tab at the bottom.
3: Find FLEXnet licensing service.
4: Right click on it and press properties.
5: Make the start-up type Automatic.
6: Under “service Status”, press start.

Message 8 of 13
offnamoor

Not work :[ . Help me pleaseUntitled.png

Message 9 of 13
philip.s
in reply to: offnamoor

Welcome to the community Aoffy.

Can you first try disabling your antivirus software and running the program? Any difference?

If not, this one typically requires a complete uninstall and reinstall, including the removal of all Autodesk files and registry folders. Please see the following for instructions and let us know how it goes!

Recommended uninstall and reinstall procedures - LINK

Message 10 of 13
offnamoor

Thanks for the quick reply
Message 11 of 13
natnatb

Sorry bro, unless you pay them, they can't help.

I've spoken to some people in industry who use Maya as a job. They have this problem all the time. Unless you pay for the program, the staff won't help - this is from over 3 months experience of my contacting the team and them asking for the same thing again and again without bothering to read what I have said.

I recommend wiping the computer completely, which might work, or resulting to less legal versions. Although the software offer is free, the maintenance on it is poor and the program rarely works. Other students in my class have had no problem for a while and then Maya decides to give the licensing error on them.

Sorry that you're having the same problem, I really am, there sadly isn't anything to do though.

Message 12 of 13

Thanks!!! That worked for me.
Message 13 of 13
fkkcloud

I am having same issue with 2014.

I've done exactly what you wrote but it does not work.

Any work-around for this one?screencapture.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report