Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2013 standalone license not working on two different computers

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
software
280 Views, 2 Replies

Maya 2013 standalone license not working on two different computers

Hi all,

I have a Maya 2013 standalone license and I thought it permits Maya 2013 to be installed on two computers with the limitation being that only one instance of maya 2013 can be running at a time. So I attempted to install Maya 2013 on my laptop and it says invalid serial number. However, Maya 2013 still runs fine on my workstation. To ensure that my workstation was not interfereing, I turned it off during the license activation attempt on my laptop. This did not help. My suscription for Maya 2013 expired a while ago but I assumed my serial number would still be known to autodesk.

Anyone else run in to this?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
asburyj
in reply to: software

If your subscription expired you would lose your previous version access and only your most recent Maya Serial number would be valid. If it was at 2014 when the subscription expired you only have access to activate the 2014 release now so you would want to uninstall 2013 and install 2014 and use your 2014 SN. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 3
software
in reply to: asburyj

Oh no this is bad news! My client wants me to use Maya 2013 on Windows. My 2013 license works fine on my Mac and the terms of the purchase said the license could be used on two machines but only one instance of Maya can be running. My Maya 2014 license works on my mac and windows machine but this client is serious about me using Maya 2013 on Windows because there is a compiled plug-in which must be used.

Am i really out of luck and a freelance job?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report