Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2013 Licensing Issue (error 20)

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1596 Views, 8 Replies

Maya 2013 Licensing Issue (error 20)

About a week ago my desktop (running Windows 7) crashed on me while I was working with Maya 2013. Upon rebooting, I got the attached error message (error 20).

I know there are other posts reporting a similar issue, yet all the suggestions I've tried on those threads have yet to solve the problem. Thus, I was hoping for any additional suggestions/comments that may benefit me.

Thanks all,

AJ

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jessica.t
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi lclaesse and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

We appreciate that you've already tried researching through the forums to help resolve this error but if you could tell us which steps you've already taken we'd be happy to help you from there! Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: jessica.t

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling Maya several times, I've performed a system restore, I've tried adding the FNP licensing service to DEP exceptions (I get the error message: "You can not set DEP attributes on 64-bit executables), and I've made sure the Flexnet Licensing service is started and on automatic startup.

Thanks for the quick response.

Message 4 of 9
jessica.t

Perhaps this Microsoft solution with help that DEP attributes error.

Also try running your computer as the administrator and disabling your UAC.

And I know you've tried some of these steps but the solutions in the link also look promising.

This thread may also be helpful. Let me know how it goes! Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: jessica.t

Still getting the same error. . .

Ran through all the suggestions in both the link and the thread you provided. 

Does the error code (Tried Maya 2013 (657E1 2013.0.0.F), error 20) not direct to a specific problem? Because I feel like I've exhausted nearly all the suggestions posted in these forums.

This is now several weeks I've been without the software, which has significantly hindered my academic lab's productivity.

Regards,

AJ

Message 6 of 9
jessica.t

Hi AJ,

I understand that this is frustrating but we'll get this figured out! This error is tricky because as you can tell from the different threads there have been many different solutions to the same problem. Part of the issue is that every machine is configured differently so finding that one setting can be challenging.

Will you try this solution? I know the FLEXnet items are the same but there are different steps as well. Reverting your Internet Explorer to version 8 has also proven to resolve this error. Please let me know how it goes!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

After running another clean reinstall and following the instructions from this youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEXXkArH4Bs it seems like I do have Maya up and running right now.

Thank you for your continued support, & I'll likely be in touch if I run into any further issues.

Thanks again,

AJ

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Installation with maya -2013 have serial# and product# . fail error installed . What can I do to correct this ? lowrider-57@live.com what more information do I need to install MAYA software. free download student licensing. Ruben
Message 9 of 9
philip.s

Hello @Anonymous and welcome to the community!

Can you please provide some additional info regarding the specific error, potentially attaching your install log?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report