Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2013 language

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
ice_dragoon93
10492 Views, 5 Replies

Maya 2013 language

I've downloaded english Maya 2013 but after I've installed it and ran it, it is in Chinese instead.
I've tried re-installing several times and it iremained in Chinese language.

May I know how to change the language of my Maya 2013 programme?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: ice_dragoon93

Did you download this legally from Autodesk?  And is your Windows a Chinese version?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
ice_dragoon93
in reply to: TravisNave

Yes, I believe I did. I'm a student and registered under student/educator to download it for non-commercial use.

My windows is in English as well.

*Also, when downloading there was only 1 option for language: English. So it baffles me even further because, Chinese was not in the list in the first place and I've no idea how it got there.

*Also, I tried using the "Install now" option but a "Communication Failure" message keep appearing. So, I used the "download" option to install instead and that led to the problem I'm facing right now (Language).

Message 4 of 6
philip.s
in reply to: ice_dragoon93

Hi Calvin,

The Maya 2013 download / installer contains the English, Japanese, and Chinese language options.

Check out this Maya Online Help solution for a potential language switch, specifically by changing the MAYA_UI_LANGUAGE Environment Variable to en_US, in your system properties / advanced system settings.

Please let us know if this works out / accept as a solution if this fully resolves the issue.

Message 5 of 6
ice_dragoon93
in reply to: philip.s

Hi Philip,

It worked! Thanks a lot :D.

Message 6 of 6
yutaosong
in reply to: philip.s

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report