Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2013 crash on startup on Mac OS

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
pkm.martin
682 Views, 1 Reply

Maya 2013 crash on startup on Mac OS

I have just installed Maya 2013 (on a machine with Maya 2011 already installed).  When I try to launch Maya 2013 I get a Maya 2011 splash screen displayed (but with Maya 2013 referenced in the bottom left) and then Maya crashes with an error

/Applications/Autodesk/maya2013/Maya.app/Contents/MacOS/Maya
dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: __ZN9MFnPlugin22registerFileTranslatorERK7MStringPcPFPvvES3_S3_b
  Referenced from: /Applications/Autodesk/maya2011/Maya.app/Contents/MacOS/plug-ins/DirectConnect.bundle
  Expected in: /Applications/Autodesk/maya2013/Maya.app/Contents/MacOS/libOpenMaya.dylib

dyld: Symbol not found: __ZN9MFnPlugin22registerFileTranslatorERK7MStringPcPFPvvES3_S3_b
  Referenced from: /Applications/Autodesk/maya2011/Maya.app/Contents/MacOS/plug-ins/DirectConnect.bundle
  Expected in: /Applications/Autodesk/maya2013/Maya.app/Contents/MacOS/libOpenMaya.dylib

I am running 10.8.5.  Any ideas why this is happening?  Maya 2011 is still running fine.  I have previously had these two applications coexisting happily.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
david.lau
in reply to: pkm.martin

Can you delete Maya 2013 and install the SP here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=DL20537489

---

If the problem persists, then reset Maya by renaming the "Prefs" folder.

/MacintoshHD/users/myname/library/preferences/Autodesk/Maya/2013

The personal library folder maybe hidden so you need to 'unhide' it.

http://osxdaily.com/2011/07/22/access-user-library-folder-in-os-x-lion/

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report