Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2013 (657E1 2013.0.0.F), error 20 ,Please help

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
ChristianScheffold
19064 Views, 13 Replies

Maya 2013 (657E1 2013.0.0.F), error 20 ,Please help

I am having a strange problem in running Maya.

When I am trying to activate May 2013 I am getting the following message:

License was not obtained
Tried Maya 2012 (657E1 2013.0.0.F), error 20

License method:
environment variable MAYA_LICENSE_METHOD='standalone'

Product choice:
environment variable MAYA_LICENSE='657e1'

License file override:

environment variable MAYA_ALT_EN is not set

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

BTW, your product key for 2013 should be 657E1.  Are you using the correct serial number too?

Here let me Google that for you:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=site:autodesk.com+MAYA_ALT_EN+is+not+set

For additional information, please consider using Search to assist in your resolution:

Search Autodesk.com

Search Autodesk Discussion Groups

Search Up and Ready Blog

Search Autodesk WikiHelp

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 14

It is  657E1!

Message 4 of 14

Wel, before you edited the post, you originally had 657D1.  I just wanted to make sure that was correct for 2013. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 14

I'm having this same issue.  Here is the error:

License was not obtained
Tried Maya 2013 (657E1 2013.0.0.F), error 20

License method:

Product choice:
environment variable MAYA_LICENSE='657e1'

License file override:

I just updated my GeForce cards drivers, could that have something to do with it?  Is there an update I can use for Maya?

Message 6 of 14

I'm having the exact same problem, has anyone figured this out yet?

Message 7 of 14
mmosher
in reply to: s.parsons

Same issue.  Infact, not a single Autodesk application (Alias, Mudbox, Sketchbook...) will launch on OSX 10.8.3   

Way to do guys, you're dev team is great...

Message 8 of 14

I downloaded student version of Maya 2013 64-bit and getting same problem.1st time i saw the activation screen but after that getting this issue Smiley Indifferent   please help.

Message 9 of 14
philip.s
in reply to: rpatil1592

Hello Rahul,

Looking through the Discussion Forums, I was able to find a couple of relevant threads that might be a good starting point.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/License-issue-Error-20-on-Windows-7-Maya-2011/t...

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/ERROR-20-WHATS-UP/m-p/3193202 

Specifically,

As Licensing is almost the same for most Autodesk products.

http://area.autodesk.com/forum/autodesk-3ds-max/installation---hardware---os/the-software-license-ch...

You can also try to add license service exe(C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService64.exe) to DEP exceptions (http://www.online-tech-tips.com/windows-xp/disable-turn-off-dep-windows/)

Close the application, then delete the casecadeinfo.cas file located in the following directory and try running again:

Windows 7:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\AdLM\

Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\AdLM\

Another user posted that a system restore resolved their issue.

Please accept as a solution if this fully resolves the issue, or reply with additional specifics if the problem persists.

Message 10 of 14
rpatil1592
in reply to: philip.s

Hello Philip,

Thank you for your reply my problem is solved by deleting the folder name is FLEXnet. Located in C:\ProgramData.

I also done some things in my pc by seeing this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiLwrQb3hnU video on youtube but i don't know that this video helped me or not after that i just deleted FLEXnet folder by seeing some forms.

But after all this i am happy my problem is solved. Smiley Happy

I attached the screenshot that maya successfully running in my pc without any problem.

Thank you for your support. 

Message 11 of 14
philip.s

Happy to hear and you're most very welcome Rahul!

Message 12 of 14
j-mantel

Hello, I've got the same problem and now tried to start the FLEXnet, but I receive the message: "Error3: System can't find path".  Does anybody know how to solve this?

Message 13 of 14
jarrettgreene82
in reply to: philip.s

My issue is the same but it's on Mac 10.8.5.  Is there an fix?

License was not obtained
Tried Maya 2013 (657E1 2013.0.0.F), error 20

License method:

Product choice:
environment variable MAYA_LICENSE='unlimited'

License file override:

Message 14 of 14
higoing00
in reply to: TravisNave

Weird, is it always supposed to be e1 because on mine I have F1? And used the CORRECT Serial number.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report