Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2013 64bit error on Windows 8 64bit

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Thoanga
3028 Views, 11 Replies

Maya 2013 64bit error on Windows 8 64bit

Hey you guys

I'm new to the forums and I really need your help. I have recently installed a trial version of Maya 2013 64bit on my new Lenovo G580 which came with Windows 8 64bit. When I try to run maya, it gives me the error 0xc000007b. I have updated my Microsoft C++ serveral times and. Uninstalled maya serveral times as well. Nothing worked. Funny thing is Maya 2012 and Softimage 2013 (both 64bit) worked when I tried them.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

I highly appreciate any suggestions given
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
TravisNave
in reply to: Thoanga

This error is almost certainly video driver related.  I suspect your onboard video isn't capable of running Maya 2013.  You need to be using a certified driver on a workstation class card.  You might check that first.

Otherwise, this error is typical of a bad dll file in your system32 folder.  Generally it is a DirectX or a Visual C++ problem. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 12
Thoanga

My laptops specs are:

Processor:intel b820 @ 1.80GHz
Ram: 4GB ddr iii
Hdd: 1TB

Is my system not capable of handling maya 2013?

If it can, how can I fix the direct x or visual c++ problem
Message 4 of 12
TravisNave

What is your video card? 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 12
Thoanga

Iim not sure but I suspect it falls under the Intel HD2000 graphics family
Message 6 of 12
TravisNave

I suspect that is also why it is failing.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 12
Thoanga

Sigh it is thus a sad day for me.. Guess I'll have to stick with maya 2012.. Thanx for the quick replies mate.. I really appreciate them
Message 8 of 12
TravisNave

I wish more could be done. You can try updating your video driver...

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 12
Thoanga

Will do.. I also try a few other thing and will keep you updated on my progress
Message 10 of 12
Thoanga

Update

I just installed Maya 2013 32bit and it works. I'm happy about thi (will be able to get some work done). I'm gonna try for 64bit again when I get the chance
Message 11 of 12
TravisNave

I have found that others have done the same thing. At least you have
something to go with for now. Thanks for the update.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 12 of 12
Thoanga
in reply to: TravisNave

I finally got it to work.. not sure if this will work for others but its worth a try.

i deleted all my d3dx files both in "windows\system32" and "windows\system" and restarted my laptop. i then installed maya 2012 and then maya 2013 (both 64bit) and bothe versions now work completely well. no changes have been made to my laptop's hardware. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report