Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2012 SAP Fails to install: Thinks Maya is installed already

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
RafAnzovin3937
992 Views, 2 Replies

Maya 2012 SAP Fails to install: Thinks Maya is installed already

Hello,
   I tried to update my Maya 2012 to the SAP today.  This requires uninstalling Maya.
  However, my uninstall failed, and I was forced to delete the 2012 directory, and let windows 7 discover that the program was gone. It now does not show Maya 2012 as in installed program. It does show the other 3 version (2009, 2010, 2011) that I have installed.

I now cannot install the SAP at all, as it believes Maya 2012 to still be installed on my computer. The only options when running the installer are to install the extra package (Backburner, Composite, etc) that come bundled. And for some reason, the DMM plugin. I cant force it to install into the former location, nor is there an option to repair. Until I can somehow convince the installer that I really dont have Maya installed, I am w/out a copy of 2012 and I need it for production on Monday.

I have run a registry cleaner in the hopes that it would remove this, but to no avail. I cannot find anyone else with this problem. Please advise.

-Nat

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Try running the Fixit utility from Microsoft that can be found here:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Timmy De Austria
Product Support | Up and Ready Blog | If my reply was helpful, please Kudo or Accept as Solution. 😉
Message 3 of 3

Thanks Timmy, this worked for me! Great to know about this Utility in general. Not sure why it doesnt come with windows by default...

Out of curiosity, is there any particular reason the installer was changed so that you cant just install over an existing installation or try to repair in installation anymore?

Anyhow, thanks for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report