Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2012 Network License - lmgrd already serving all vendors

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
itsraining_ben
2810 Views, 10 Replies

Maya 2012 Network License - lmgrd already serving all vendors

Get an interesting response when I restart our license server in terminal:

"(lmgrd) The license server manager (lmgrd) is already serving all vendors, exiting."

Anyone have any idea what this is caused by? Mac environment, previously serving just fine until we did a software update (airport utility) and restarted. At a loss as how to fix.

Thanks for your time,

Ben

Tags (4)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Try stopping the service and check if there are other lmgrd or adskflex process running. I would recommend for you to reconfigure your adskflex service from scratch. Hope this helps...

Timmy De Austria
Product Support | Up and Ready Blog | If my reply was helpful, please Kudo or Accept as Solution. 😉
Message 3 of 11

Thanks so much for your resposne Timmy. I hadn't stopped the service through terminal but I had killed any lmgrd / adskflex processes that were running in the background, the only other lmgrd process that was running was our nuke license server. Is there a terminal command to stop the service completely without quitting the running software through activity monitor?

Can you elaborate on how to reconfigure the adskflex service from scratch? 

Thanks again for your help Timmy.

Ben

Message 4 of 11

You might want to check out this post together with its links... http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/11/general-licensing-network-licensing-manager-on-th... http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Installing-Maya-2011-2012-with-a-Network-licens...

Timmy De Austria
Product Support | Up and Ready Blog | If my reply was helpful, please Kudo or Accept as Solution. 😉
Message 5 of 11

I had gone through those step-by-steps but still didn't work for me. We had this server up and running until we had to restart it, if there isn't any known issue with that error message I'll have to work on re-creating the license server from scratch. Shouldn't be too tough, just some downtime for the artists I suppose.

Update tomorrrow with my results, thanks again Timmy. 

Ben

Message 6 of 11
TravisNave
in reply to: itsraining_ben

For a Quick-Start Guide on configuring the Autodesk License Manager, please see my post for further information:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Quick-Start-Guide-for-Configuring-LMTOOLS/m-p/3...

If you have more than one vendor running LMGRD, then you can combine them to run together.  See my combining license files in my signature below for instructions.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 11
itsraining_ben
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks for the response Travis. I hadn't thought of it before but we do have have C4D license server running on the same box, lmgrd.foundry is the process name. Is that a possible conflict? Currently Maya 2012 is our only license server running from Autodesk and it looks like that's what your comining licenses walk through is for. 

Also of note, license server and boxes pulling licenses are running mac enviornments. Your Quick-Start Guide was for PC so wanted to bring it to your attention.

Thanks again Travis.

Ben

Message 8 of 11
TravisNave

The process should be similar for the Mac.  Simply set it up like you would on a Mac.  Use the latest lmgrd and place the vendor files for each product in the same location and configure them as appropriately.  If the license files are compatible, consider combining those and running one single file. 

Unfortunately I do not have a quickstart guide for Mac or Linux yet.  Perhaps in the future.  Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 9 of 11
itsraining_ben
in reply to: TravisNave

Solved - I had installed Foundry's Nuke license server on the box earlier in the day, much earlier so it wasn't a thought initallly when we began having problems. It wasn't actually serving licenses, just a preemptive installation for our future purchase. 

Uninstalling Foundry's license server using their utility, restarting the box then restarting the license server in terminal did the trick. That line is below.

Thanks all for your help, hopefully this helps for anyone else that comes across it.

Ben

cd /usr/local/flexnetserver

<enter>

sudo ./lmgrd -c /var/flexlm/adsk_server.lic

<enter>

Message 10 of 11
TravisNave

Thanks for the follow-up and showing that the existence of another license manager does in fact cause license behavior issues. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 11 of 11

Good for you. I totally agree with TravisNave with what he said. Having another License manager running simultaneously can cause problem even if it is not giving out licenses.

Timmy De Austria

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report