Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2012 Licensing difficulties

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
tigakub
354 Views, 3 Replies

Maya 2012 Licensing difficulties

Hello, I was linked here from an email I received from Customer Support.

I'm trying to install Maya 2012 on my MBP running Lion 10.7.4. I didn't know that I had the network licensed version rather than the stand alone. So now I've re-installed, taking care to select the network licensing option, but I still can't seem to find where the FLEX utilities are. Customer service instructions simply tell me to "Go to the directory where lmutil is installed" without specifying where this is. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
tigakub
in reply to: tigakub

Ok, after some digging, I found it in /usr/local/flexnetserver/. Found it completely by chance. For the life of me I couldn't find any documentation that pointed me there. I thought it might be something different from that returned by hostname, but it wasn't, so that begs the question, why doesn't autodesk just ask you to use hostname which can be invoked from anywhere?

Anyway ... now that I have my hostname and mac address, I don't know where to go to request an activation key. I tried replying to the mail from autodesk, but haven't gotten any answer. And when I follow the provided link to Online Registration and Activation at https://registeronce.autodesk.com, I get a 404.

Message 3 of 4
arlinpega.bibat

Hi tigakub:

Could you please send me your serial number through private message (click on my arlinpega.bibat profile name and then “Send this user a private message”)? I checked our record and I am only seeing a student license associated to your email address @mac.com. I can assist you in generating a license for your networked SN.

Are you using a different one for your Subscription Center account?

Best Regards,

Arlin Bibat
Message 4 of 4
arlinpega.bibat

Hi tigakub:

I sent your license file through an email with case number 07679331. I had to create a case so that I may attached your license file. The other serial number you asked for me to check on is for your 2013 version. The license I sent is a package license which means it includes both 2013 and 2012 version. 

For future reference, you may always contact our Registration and Activation Team directly.

Best Regards,

Arlin Bibat

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report