Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2012 does not Install

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
alterrok
1105 Views, 5 Replies

Maya 2012 does not Install

Hello,

I have been testing out a machine that is running Windows 8 Developer Preview and am trying to install Maya 2012. I have downloaded it and it unpacks succesfully. The setup.exe runs, but as soon as I click install, an error report pops up for me to send to Autodesk. There is no code anywhere that I can see of what error this may be. I have tried running in Windows 7, Vista and XP compatability modes and with Administrator permissions. I have tried deactivating all virus protection and closing all other programs. Any ideas?

Machine specs:

Windows 8

Intell I7 extreme 64bit

12Gb ram

Nvidia 590 GTX

I am wondering if this is a Maya issue or a Windows 8 issue, although this is the only program unable to install so far that I have found.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: alterrok

Based on the fact that you are trying to install on an unsupported beta operating system, I would not have too much of an expectation to get this working.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: TravisNave

why are you trying to install this on an OS thats not even out yet?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
alterrok

The purpose of Beta testing is so that people like me figure out how to get things to work before the final product is released so that people can use it without any issues. This is also the reason that compatability modes are available, so that programs designed for older complete OS's will run on the beta and people like me can begin developing things in advance of the new OS release. Thank you for asking.

Message 5 of 6
DarrenP

the OS isn't in beta yet

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
alterrok
in reply to: DarrenP

It is a developer preview. This forum is about helping other people with their problems related to Autodesk products, so I would appreciate any help I can get.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report