Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2011 Trial Installation Error

52 REPLIES 52
Message 1 of 53
dmcc3264
21922 Views, 52 Replies

Maya 2011 Trial Installation Error

Hello,

I have been having some trouble installing the trial version of maya 2011. I'm using windows vista 64 bit with service pack 2 installed. Once I finish the install of maya 2011 I try to run the program and I receive a prompt saying:

License was not obtained

License method:
can't determine license method

Product choice:
can't determine product choice

License file override:
environment variable MAYA_ALT_EN is not set

I currently have Maya 2009 and Motion Builder 2010 installed as well but have never run into any issue when trying to install multiple versions of maya before.

Thank you

Dan M.
52 REPLIES 52
Message 41 of 53

I foud solution for MacOS X. (Works for MacOS X 10.6.6 with Polish language)

Remove Autodesk folder from Applications and /Library/Application Support/. (Admin password will be required)

Then change MacOS language to English. Install Maya again. Run it up, activate and enjoy.

Unfortunately Maya works only with english os language. You have to get used to english MacOS or you have to always change it to english before launching the app.

If you are using MacOS with english language and have this problem, I have no idea what to do.

Message 42 of 53
xza50
in reply to: Dwayne.Poot

Hi, I have the same problem.

I use windows 7 and download the student version.

But same box appeared.

Than I try to delete aldm file, but next time it showed:

"license problem in GUI mode launch dialog message"

Then the same box as"listen,....."

Can you help me to solve this problem?

I already tried many times......

Thanks

Message 43 of 53
Tenshi_darkangel
in reply to: dmcc3264

Hi

Im having similar problems. I have recived the error 20 message. I have tried reinstalling maya. I have tried uninstalling maya. I have trie several of the options listed but nothing seems to be working. I am on the student 3 year free trial and I have my deadline on tuesday. PLEASE HELP!! I am using windows 7.

Thanks

Message 44 of 53
jc.creel
in reply to: Tenshi_darkangel

I recently ran into this problem and found out what I did to cause it.  the day before, I was turning off unnecessary start up commands using msconfig.

I turned of the flexlm license since I didn't know what it was for.  When I went to turn it back on, maya worked again.

Hope that might help.

Message 45 of 53
Neoko

I fixed this problem a while ago, I think all I did was restart my computer.

Message 46 of 53
Timbotronic
in reply to: Neoko

Ok I'm hoping that somebody still keeps track on this Thread and replies to this because this is basically my last resort before going insane with this problem.

I downloaded the Student Version of Maya 2011. When installing it I chose only to install Maya itself, no features whatsoever.
Standalone License. After finishing the Installation, I started Maya and got two lovely messages (see attachments).

Now I tried basically everything that was suggested in this forum: I checked the License.env which looks normal. I tried manualy adding environmental variables with almost no different result except for when I create a Variable with the name MAYA_ALT_EN and the ...\Maya\bin or simply the ...\Maya path as value the error Message then says under License file override: "environment variable MAYA_ALT_EN ignored in AdLM standalone methode" which isn't helping either.
I tried to uninstall and delete any folder labeled "Autodesk" or "AdLM" manualy, then re-install -> no success.

Has anyone figured out what the problem/solution to this problem might be?
Because I NEED HELP!!! desperately.

Message 47 of 53
bomberabe
in reply to: Timbotronic

This fixed my problem. Apparently I had the FLEXnet service turned off. So to check if its on go to run (windows key + r for the lazy) type msconfig and go to services click hide microsoft services and look for the flexnet licensing service. If it isnt checked, check it and try launching maya again. Hope this fixes people's problems!

Message 48 of 53
cocomihai
in reply to: bomberabe

That solved my problem! Phew!

Thanks!

Message 49 of 53
gooorylan

just paste this to the the maya licence environment file with wordpad: edit this and paste this:

MAYA_LICENSE=unlimited

MAYA_LICENSE_METHOD=standalone
 it was working for me now i have fixed maya

Message 50 of 53
gooorylan
in reply to: sabawernessfull

just paste this inside maya environment file in folder    C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2013\bin

MAYA_LICENSE=unlimited

open that file by wordad and add this string:  MAYA_LICENSE=unlimited

Message 51 of 53

I am experiencing the same problem as explained by RMAWATSON above. I am using Maya 2012. I have tried all the instructions given above yet the maya software is still not opening. I have installed and reinstalled, yet it is the same. What do i do.
Help please.
Message 52 of 53

I hope someone still watches this thread....

I am trying to get Maya 2014 up and runnnig. I keep getting the "Establish an Internet Connection to Continue" error, even though I am connected to the internet. When I press "Quit", I get the License not obtained error that everyone else is experiencing.

I have tried all the things stated here and on other threads with not success.

Please help.

Message 53 of 53
joe.mandia
in reply to: joe.mandia

EDIT****
Ok, I solved my issue. I hope this helps someone else. Go here and follow the steps. This worked for me.
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Meta-licensing.html

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report